cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

MVIVID
Protege

Im in tgeMVIVID said:

SethG911 said:

My Stats

Checkout: On My Account
1-3 Week Email arrived: Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Pre-order confirmed: 20-30 seconds after store went up.
Order #: 613000023xxxxx

Still no additional info on shipping other than the 1-3 week email.

So this is sort of interesting. 20-30 seconds you got confirmation, so it's safe to assume your certainly among the first that will (or at least should) get theirs shipped out. Your Order # is 23, min is 25, I ordered within the first 6 min, but I too got my 1-3 week email on March 24 at exactly 9:00 PM (EST). I have a feeling that the very first pre-order until at least the "6 minute" in pre-orders will ship out together. I'd like to see if anyone else past 6 min also got their 1-3 week emails on March 24. We could probably estimate where the cut-off is for all "First Batch" shipments (measured by the amount of min it took for you to get your pre-order in). 

Uk. Order Number 26, 16min once pre-orders opened. 1-3 week email received on the 24th March.

I hate to say this, and I really hope I'm wrong because I know how much it sucks to wait, but I have a feeling US pre-orders and everywhere else will have different shipping results. I'm mainly focused on US shipments, but please stay in touch, and update us if you do receive some sort of an update! I'd love to see shipments update for people regardless of where they're ordering from! We can start monitor for each location, and can see how shipment batches are being split up! Personally I'm concentrating on US, only because I think they'll be first to go.

MVIVID
Protege
So far from the few details I've seen from those who've posted their details, Order #'s 23XXXXX — 25XXXXX are part of the same "First to Ship" batch. Again, I'm making very rough estimations, but they seem to check out.

TheRedComet
Protege
This is insane. I can't believe Oculus has fucked this up so badly. I should have pre-ordered a vive. Looks like most Vives will arrive before the first batch of rifts get shipped. Shame on Oculus, even with a few billion dollars and the backing of Facebook, they can't give us any answers on what is going on. 

yahknow1
Protege
I'm getting pi$$ed, this is BS Oculus! went to put my order in for the VIVE, but that's got an unknown shipping date too. At least I have a plan B in place in case there is some weird problem with Oculus? Fuckers, Rift should have been halfway to my house by now and not one word!!!!!!!!!!!
i7-5960X@4.3Ghz / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X

EliteSPA
Superstar
Kickstartes got rift for 0 $, ships earlier and got info about shipping and they reselling on ebay, I thought is ilegal. I know that thanks to them we have CV1 today, but thanks to customers this product is going to stay alive, dont forget that, we dont get nothing for free, we buy a product and we deserve a good service!!.We customers payed a lot of money for this toy, no information, delayed shipments, what is this Oculus? and yes Im starting to get mad too, cause we trusted you Mr Palmer putting our money on your product and this is what we get?
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Tankshell
Protege

EliteSPA said:

Kickstartes got rift for 0 $, ships earlier and got info about shipping and they reselling on ebay, I thought is ilegal. I know that thanks to them we have CV1 today, but thanks to customers this product is going to stay alive, dont forget that, we dont get nothing for free, we buy a product and we deserve a good service!!.We customers payed a lot of money for this toy, no information, delayed shipments, what is this Oculus? and yes Im starting to get mad too, cause we trusted you Mr Palmer putting our money on your product and this is what we get?

There are a LOT of Kickstarters in the US who have not had their Rifts shipped yet. ZERO Kickstarters in Europe/Australia/Rest of world have had their Rifts shipped yet either. Please do not tar everyone with the same brush.
2500k@4.5Ghz EVGA 780Ti SC 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Win 8.1 x64

MVIVID
Protege
Yeah, I do feel bad for the backers that haven't gotten one. That would piss me off even more than my current situation. Think about it, a bunch of other backers got one on Monday, and it's now Wednesday and still nothing, and who knows when they will. Sort of unfair there too. At least all pre-orders have been treated equally (bad), but still equality—backers, totally all over the place. Again though, not our problem, Oculus told us when to expect it, not the other way around. We didn't set any dates, we just agreed to their schedule, and now we're not getting anything, devices or answers. 

JettStiles
Adventurer
It's still Wednesday - around noon in the states.
Lets give em a few more hours and the benefit of the doubt - maybe they will ship them out today or at least pass some useful new information around.

But just in case: Sharpen the pitchforks and get some torches ready >:)
Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor

MVIVID
Protege

It's still Wednesday - around noon in the states.
Lets give em a few more hours and the benefit of the doubt - maybe they will ship them out today.

But just in case: Sharpen the pitchforks and get some torches ready >:)

I agree. They said mid-week, technically that's in 4.5 hours. After then, we riot.

Ganjaroach
Explorer
I'm In the #24 range got the 1-3 week email but nothing else as of yet. I own the dk1/2 and the same thing happened then oculus got real quiet around launch time. My dk2 ended up at my house before I even received the "shipped email" so maybe check credit cards throughout the day along with emails. :smile: