cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's obvious they have some sort of problem. Maybe it's a simple one, maybe a big one. But if we don't get answers today one way or the other, the cancellations are going to start flooding in.

EliteSPA
Superstar

notsram said:

It's obvious they have some sort of problem. Maybe it's a simple one, maybe a big one. But if we don't get answers today one way or the other, the cancellations are going to start flooding in.

I prefer to be honest at us saying is going to be delayed or whatever the reason is instead we got 0 information and people are already very mad about this. They know we want the rift so they dont mind how we feeling about this, thats what I think. 

But guys really you think they are reading us? dont think so. 

Im going to shut up because otherwise they can move my position in queue for July XD

Hope everything got fixed soon!
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
If there's no word on this BS from Oculus or any Oculus employees, then HTC have my business. I'm fine with waiting for my April pre order until the first few days of may, but if this keeps going on for people in March or for the fucking KS backers, then it'll be obvious that I won't get mine till June and that I might as well cancel. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

EliteSPA said:

notsram said:

I prefer to be honest at us saying is going to be delayed or whatever the reason is instead we got 0 information and people are already very mad about this. They know we want the rift so they dont mind how we feeling about this, thats what I think. 

But guys really you think they are reading us? dont think so. 

Im going to shut up because otherwise they can move my position in queue for July XD

Hope everything got fixed soon!

None of the big cheeses may be reading these forums, but you can be 100% sure someone is reading and reporting back.

MVIVID
Protege
So based off of 2 Palmer's tweets, he says first.. "Shipping update: Kickstarter Rifts will start arriving Mon, pre-orders start shipping mid-week (likely Wed) and will arrive this week too".. then tweets immediately after, saying.. "Stay tuned for future updates, I will give them as soon as possible - this particular update was set in stone just hours ago!" The update he's referring to, which was "SET IN STONE", is that .."Kickstarter Rifts will start arriving Monday, and pre-orders start shipping mid-week (likely Wed) and will arrive this week too". SO, I am certainly going to patiently wait for the remainder of the week. If I get shipping info, and a tracking number with a "this week" delivery date, I will be very satisfied. Still feel like March 28th should have been either the arrival date of the device in my hands (like apple does), or at the very least a shipped out date. So I still feel like that was a bit untruthful. But I will be satisfied, and my excitement will certainly be restored.

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Find it odd that people that aren't expecting their rift for months are getting so worked up. Even if there are initial issues, They all be sorted by the time yours are due.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eh? What complete silence? They have been updating us. 

We shouldn't have to be on twitter or on this forum looking for scraps of information. The order status system doesn't work properly, especially for the many people who didn't have Oculus accounts. There's no way to see even the ballpark shipping estimate from order day if you didn't write it down. They've sent only one email since the order and many people haven't even gotten that. For a big launch from a legit company, we shouldn't have to be looking to tweets to get an idea of what's going on. Also, I might point out that the tweet you quote followed a tweet a few days earlier saying orders would begin arriving Monday. In the absence of other information, people may have wondered if that applied to them. It's just psychology. My order could ship today or it could ship in May. I have NO idea and that's crazy. It's not my intention to start a troll war. I'm just saying that it wouldn't take much from them to stop 99% of this speculation, rumor, and internet anger dead in its tracks.

ZachSny
Expert Protege
Has anyone seen this yet? Someone is selling a signed Kickstarter Rift. Don't know how real it is -probably fake- but mostly really sad.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-CV1-Autographed-Box-Kickstarter-/291723696989?nav=SEARCH

EliteSPA
Superstar
True about that, is crazy that we need to search info about whats happening in REDDIT and TWITTER.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz