cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

MVIVID
Protege
The irony to all the lack of communication surrounding this issue, is the fact that Oculus was bought out by the, arguably, largest "social networking" company on earth. #stayintouchfailure

jusbott
Expert Protege

if that's right it's the one palmer deliverd himself has that's the only signed box one so really takes the piss

ZeroThreat
Protege
The only person that got a box like that was the kid in Alaska I believe... Probably sold on eBay and the guy that purchased it is selling the box to get some money back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

jusbott said:

if that's right it's the one palmer deliverd himself has that's the only signed box one so really takes the piss

It's not Ross. He got a normal pre order box instead of the KS edition box. 

The signatures are also in different locations. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lorsoth said:

Eh? What complete silence? They have been updating us. 

We shouldn't have to be on twitter or on this forum looking for scraps of information. The order status system doesn't work properly, especially for the many people who didn't have Oculus accounts. There's no way to see even the ballpark shipping estimate from order day if you didn't write it down. They've sent only one email since the order and many people haven't even gotten that. For a big launch from a legit company, we shouldn't have to be looking to tweets to get an idea of what's going on. Also, I might point out that the tweet you quote followed a tweet a few days earlier saying orders would begin arriving Monday. In the absence of other information, people may have wondered if that applied to them. It's just psychology. My order could ship today or it could ship in May. I have NO idea and that's crazy. It's not my intention to start a troll war. I'm just saying that it wouldn't take much from them to stop 99% of this speculation, rumor, and internet anger dead in its tracks.

I've been saying this on here for weeks. And most of the time, I've been flamed for it.

This is the launch of a consumer product. Not a test. Not a dev kit. It's consumer. And consumers expect to be kept informed. Not only haven't we been informed, we've not heard a thing. Most buyers of a consumer product don't check forums or twitter for information. They expect to hear from the company concerned. Not have to hunt out whatever cryptic message Oculus feel like posting on twitter.

Even now, a couple of days past the original launch date of the 28th, most of us have heard nothing since early January. That's simply not good enough.

EliteSPA
Superstar

Sorry I couldnt resist :smiley: 
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Dreamwriter
Rising Star

Lorsoth said:

Eh? What complete silence? They have been updating us. 

We shouldn't have to be on twitter or on this forum looking for scraps of information. 

Then how about emails? Did you not receive an email on March 28th that gave this exact same info?

Oculus Rift is Shipping!
Rift deliveries begin today, shipping to more than 20 countries and regions! This is a historic moment – soon people all over the world will be experiencing fully-immersive VR in their own homes.

---
Kickstarter units will start arriving today, and the first pre-ordered Rifts will start shipping mid-week and arrive soon after. We’re working as fast as we can to get Rifts to customers who pre-ordered. If you pre-ordered, you’ll get an email when your order is being prepped (1-3 weeks prior to shipping) and then another one when your payment method has been charged and your Rift is on its way.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice Phtoshop

Lemming1970
Rising Star

ZachSny said:

Has anyone seen this yet? Someone is selling a signed Kickstarter Rift. Don't know how real it is -probably fake- but mostly really sad.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-CV1-Autographed-Box-Kickstarter-/291723696989?nav=SEARCH

Very odd/careful wording on that listing. Could well be just selling the Box. Doesn't show the CV1 once even though he mentions taking images. Lots of mentions of the CV1 but none actually saying that is what he's selling.

See how long it stays up, I've reported it as suspicious.  At no point do they say they are selling the CV1.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

KNP54
Heroic Explorer

EliteSPA said:

Sorry I couldnt resist :smiley: 

Hahaha! I checked twitter just to be sure! 🙂
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.