cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

ZachSny
Expert Protege
@Dreamwriter Yeah, not everyone received the shipping update email. 

K33L
Protege
possibly true, I used guest account because the servers were so wack at the time it wouldn't let me even make an account, anyone with a guest account get an email yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lorsoth said:

Eh? What complete silence? They have been updating us. 

We shouldn't have to be on twitter or on this forum looking for scraps of information. 

Then how about emails? Did you not receive an email on March 28th that gave this exact same info?

Oculus Rift is Shipping!
Rift deliveries begin today, shipping to more than 20 countries and regions! This is a historic moment – soon people all over the world will be experiencing fully-immersive VR in their own homes.

---
Kickstarter units will start arriving today, and the first pre-ordered Rifts will start shipping mid-week and arrive soon after. We’re working as fast as we can to get Rifts to customers who pre-ordered. If you pre-ordered, you’ll get an email when your order is being prepped (1-3 weeks prior to shipping) and then another one when your payment method has been charged and your Rift is on its way.

Nope. As I said, I have received one email from them since January. That was the "Your Rift is almost ready to ship" email, which, by the way, has my name wrong and contains the same dead link to my guest order that went out in January. Just saying. Notsram has it exactly right.

sparkie14
Expert Protege

Thats u back of the cue ha ha...

Dreamwriter
Rising Star

Lorsoth said:
Nope. As I said, I have received one email from them since January. That was the "Your Rift is almost ready to ship" email, which, by the way, has my name wrong and contains the same dead link to my guest order that went out in January. Just saying. Notsram has it exactly right.

Oh, so you *did* receive a recent email, just last week. How is that being silent and not communicating?

I just don't get it, they've been communicating, keeping us up to date, but for some reason people have this idea that they haven't been, including people who got emails just last week, including people who got emails just this week, including people who saw or read about Sunday's tweets.

jeonunh
Explorer
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I might just cancel my order.  The early reviews aren't as good as I'd expected, and this complete an utter lack of communication has me very nervous for the future. 

What happens if it breaks? 

What if I need replacement lenses? (Something people begged for on DK2 and never got) 

What happens when I can't get software to run and need technical support?

Worse still - What if I don't like it and want to return it?  If they can't even ship them, what chance is there that they will be able to process a return??

I can completely forgive the shipping delays if they just explain the issue, but they don't share anything.  The silence borders on dishonesty, and I don't want to be tied to an ecosystem that conducts business this way.  It's not exactly new behavior either.  It's been this way for more than a year.

JimmyT1
Explorer
Checkout:  Guest
1-3 week e-mail: None
Pre-order confirmed: 14:15 Pacific time
Order number:  613000034XXXXX

My estimate said May...

pedrw
Expert Protege
entyyhiv0b51.png

zrrcun478iq9.png

Sarlin
Adventurer
Spam e-mails that are sent to everyone who checked on the "Send me marketing Stuff." Does not constitute communication.

Anonymous
Not applicable
last time i buy anything from oculus, as sad as that is saying that....
next time htc for sure, and if it doesnt ship by friday, im cancelling