cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

farberstyle
Honored Guest
Checkout:  Registed Account
1-3 week e-mail: Nay!
Pre-order confirmed: 3 1/2 hours after 
Order number:  6130000340XXXX
Excitement Level: 10 (cap)

Infinit3
Explorer
Someone posted on Reddit they got theirs. They were from Iceland I believe. Not in the US I know. So at least 1 person has 😉

Infinit3
Explorer
Someone posted on Reddit they got theirs. They were from Iceland I believe. Not in the US I know. So at least 1 person has 😉

Infinit3
Explorer
Most likely. But still, its a start.

Lucky_D
Heroic Explorer
Really makes you wonder if the production levels were vastly mis-stated. Or they did not expect the level of pre-orders and are in "Oh Shit!" mode right now trying to figure out how they will be able to provide product.

VizionVR
Rising Star
Per Cybereality, there was zero stock in place for pre-orders. This was basically a manufacture on demand situation. Not necessarily a bad way to do things given that it's an untested commercial market, but it does have its drawbacks. Namely, unknown shipping dates spread out beyond July.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Hanover
Rising Star

I'm trying to cancel now. I'll get the VIVE, this is utterly ridiculous. Do anyone know how to cancel??

So then you end up waiting until May...while you see the Rift group you were supposed to be in receiving their head sets.

LexusRuir
Honored Guest
Well im not happy with the current updates but at the same time don't want to cancel, order the Vive and wait until May at the earliest. I don't currently have the space for room VR and am looking for a seated experience knowing that the Touch controllers will come at some point this year. Have followed Oculus VR updates since kickstarter (not backer), Its just annoying that i have downloaded the free launch games and am ready and waiting for an email at least stating its being prepared for shipping. A UK 28er here half way through a 2 week holiday :neutral:  

comixcroz
Expert Protege

VizionVR said:

Per Cybereality, there was zero stock in place for pre-orders. This was basically a manufacture on demand situation. Not necessarily a bad way to do things given that it's an untested commercial market, but it does have its drawbacks. Namely, unknown shipping dates spread out beyond July.

I find that amazing.  Even if they were conservative, they had to know that 100k of these things would sell.  

Dangerous2women
Expert Protege

Hanover said:

I'm trying to cancel now. I'll get the VIVE, this is utterly ridiculous. Do anyone know how to cancel??

So then you end up waiting until May...while you see the Rift group you were supposed to be in receiving their head sets.

I'm not asking for anyone to agree   I'm asking for HELP navigating this mess of a site so I can cancel my pre order. I'd rather wait for a VIVE then do business with a company that doesn't appreciate my business.