cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Order 6130000254XXXX Shipment Notification!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone! Just got my shipment notification so I figured I would share in the hopes my info helps ease some troubled minds. I was order number 6130000254XXXX. I had my order confirmation within a minute of pre-orders going live. I haven't gotten actual tracking information yet but I'm hopeful I'll get it soon. Here's the email:

Hi XXX,

Your order has been processed and your Rift is almost on its way! Look for a shipping confirmation email with tracking information soon.

Please keep this email handy for reference. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact Oculus Support.

The Oculus Team

The only strange thing about all this is that even though my order status page as a guest says "Shipped" the expected shipping date says July 2016 at the bottom of the page. I pray that's just an error otherwise I will be raising hell. Haha.

Cheers, happy gaming.
75 REPLIES 75

rarified
Protege

notsram said:

The charges seem to be being made in the order of when you received your confirmation email rather than order number.

I suspect the order number was assigned when the cart was created, but the "time of committed" was when you pressed the "Send Order" button.  I know I got into two carts, one with an early number that I couldn't pay for with the payment system glitch(es).  I then started a new order, got a new, later order number that became my submitted order.

BTW one of the glitches I found was that I had formatted the CC/date information for my payment differently than expected.  IIRC It was that I needed the two-digit year for the expiration date, not the four digit.  The error message gave no clue to what the problem was, I went through three different rejected cards before playing with the format of the entries.

yahknow1
Protege

Focux said:

Maligator said:

WTF I am a 244xxxx order in the US. No rhyme or reason!!! Congrats though.

Yeah I'm really not sure how they're rolling out what ships where. If it provides more context, I live on the west coast of the US in a pretty major tech area. That might provide some level of ease to ship to me.

I'm a 24 AND on the west coast of USA, hopefully the gods are smiling on me too?

EDIT: I just looked and my confirmation mail came in at 8:03 am PST
i7-5960X@4.3Ghz / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X

ZachSny
Expert Protege

CSHokie said:

ZachSny said:

Lets hope that "July 2016" thing is an error!

Have you been charged?

I think that July 2016 is what it would be if you ordered now. Mine says the same thing and the CV1 is in my hands.

Thanks for clearing that up. It definitely seemed odd.

mbze430
Rising Star
wait what??!!  how is that?  My pre-order was back in Jan 6th and mine say May... that ain't fair! lmfao
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

Anonymous
Not applicable

yahknow1 said:

I'm a 24 AND on the west coast of USA, hopefully the gods are smiling on me too?

At the moment it seems to be only America and East/West coast that are being charged, so yours could well be imminent 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news, focux, very happy for you.  

Thanks. 🙂

@yahknow1

Nice, I hope you get it soon. My order confirmation was at 8:01am PST.

maxpare79
Trustee
So basically they shipped like 5 or 6 Rift so far? Maybe there is only one employee processing shipping, if you take into account his or her lunch break, afternoon break, bathroom breaks, I guess that is a pretty efficient employee :smile: 
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

maxpare79 said:

So basically they shipped like 5 or 6 Rift so far? Maybe there is only one employee processing shipping, if you take into account his or her lunch break, afternoon break, bathroom breaks, I guess that is a pretty efficient employee :smile: 

Not all people are going to go on forums to report  that their order has been charged or shipped :smile: 

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Just about 400,000 more units until mine ships possibly... A 29er. Come on early April!

Anonymous
Not applicable

maxpare79 said:

Impossible to count how many. There have been a few dozen on Reddit, but only a small fraction of people who've pre-ordered use reddit and not everyone who uses it will have posted.