cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Order 6130000254XXXX Shipment Notification!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone! Just got my shipment notification so I figured I would share in the hopes my info helps ease some troubled minds. I was order number 6130000254XXXX. I had my order confirmation within a minute of pre-orders going live. I haven't gotten actual tracking information yet but I'm hopeful I'll get it soon. Here's the email:

Hi XXX,

Your order has been processed and your Rift is almost on its way! Look for a shipping confirmation email with tracking information soon.

Please keep this email handy for reference. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact Oculus Support.

The Oculus Team

The only strange thing about all this is that even though my order status page as a guest says "Shipped" the expected shipping date says July 2016 at the bottom of the page. I pray that's just an error otherwise I will be raising hell. Haha.

Cheers, happy gaming.
75 REPLIES 75

InuHanyou1701
Protege
 Focux said:

Hey everyone! Just got my shipment notification so I figured I would share in the hopes my info helps ease some troubled minds. I was order number 6130000254XXXX. I had my order confirmation within a minute of pre-orders going live. I haven't gotten actual tracking information yet but I'm hopeful I'll get it soon. Here's the email:

Hi XXX,

Your order has been processed and your Rift is almost on its way! Look for a shipping confirmation email with tracking information soon.

Please keep this email handy for reference. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact Oculus Support.

The Oculus Team

The only strange thing about all this is that even though my order status page as a guest says "Shipped" the expected shipping date says July 2016 at the bottom of the page. I pray that's just an error otherwise I will be raising hell. Haha.

Cheers, happy gaming.

As much as I would love for them to be going in just random order. Whoever gets lucky gets theirs sooner. That's not fair. And I doubt that is what is happening too for the record.  😄 It would be nice if they were just way ahead of their estimated ship date. Though I doubt they would be 4 months ahead in a span of a few days.  :'( I am curious though. When you pre ordered your Rift, did it tell you that your ship date was in July or were you expecting it to ship in March/April?

yahknow1
Protege
Mine said estimate = March and like i posted previously:

Order 24xxxx
Confirmation at 8:03PST
1-3 week letter on March 24
i7-5960X@4.3Ghz / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X

InuHanyou1701
Protege

yahknow1 said:

Mine said estimate = March and like i posted previously:

Order 24xxxx
Confirmation at 8:03PST
1-3 week letter on March 24

I'm in the 6s myself with an estimated ship of July. I can tell ya right now if I get a shipment confirmation I am going to run around in circles screaming my head off.  😛

ZachSny
Expert Protege
@InuHanyou1701 Aren't we all? Hahaha!

robbbert
Honored Guest
Is there anyone from Europe whit an confirmation? My number is an 252xxxx and I am still biting my fingernails in Germany :smile: 

Anonymous
Not applicable

As much as I would love for them to be going in just random order. Whoever gets lucky gets theirs sooner. That's not fair. And I doubt that is what is happening too for the record.  😄 It would be nice if they were just way ahead of their estimated ship date. Though I doubt they would be 4 months ahead in a span of a few days.  :'( I am curious though. When you pre ordered your Rift, did it tell you that your ship date was in July or were you expecting it to ship in March/April?

My original estimate was in March when I placed my order. I had my order in within 30 seconds of pre-orders going live and my confirmation email at 8:01am PST.

The shipments certainly aren't random but the order number seems to be. I would say it more closely correlates with when the order confirmation came in.

InuHanyou1701
Protege
Woops. Sorry about the weird post too... If only we could edit.  😛

maxpare79
Trustee

maxpare79 said:

So basically they shipped like 5 or 6 Rift so far? Maybe there is only one employee processing shipping, if you take into account his or her lunch break, afternoon break, bathroom breaks, I guess that is a pretty efficient employee :smile: 

notsram said:

maxpare79 said:

So basically they shipped like 5 or 6 Rift so far? Maybe there is only one employee processing shipping, if you take into account his or her lunch break, afternoon break, bathroom breaks, I guess that is a pretty efficient employee :smile: 

Impossible to count how many. There have been a few dozen on Reddit, but only a small fraction of people who've pre-ordered use reddit and not everyone who uses it will have posted.

Yeah guys I know I was just kidding but it's safe to assume that they are not going out by the thousands....
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Anonymous
Not applicable

maxpare79 said:

maxpare79 said:

notsram said:

maxpare79 said:

Impossible to count how many. There have been a few dozen on Reddit, but only a small fraction of people who've pre-ordered use reddit and not everyone who uses it will have posted.

Yeah guys I know I was just kidding but it's safe to assume that they are not going out by the thousands....

Well until they actually inform us of how many units were sold we can't say for certain. With the order numbers having gone up by the tens of thousands it's very possible that they're shipping more than a few hundred each day. I think once things get rolling the expected times for people may actually go down. It's a very real possibility.