cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3 DK2 IPD settings ?

Zeemor
Honored Guest
Anyone know if it is possible to change the IPD settings on the DK2 with the new runtime? The current seems close to mine, but not quite right.
9 REPLIES 9

ubentobox
Explorer
To my knowledge this is not existing in the Oculus Home Configuration page. You may be able to configure something modifying a file, but this may be erased with each update. I don't know enough to link specifics but there are a good history of posts on reddit/r/oculus about setting this manually in some cases. Sorry I could not be of more help, just chiming in from work.

brantlew
Adventurer
Don't confuse lens-separation with IPD.  They are completely different things.  Lens separation is a hardware configuration and if you mess with it, it can make it very difficult to stereo-focus the images and can lead to severe eye-strain.  Please don't attempt to use LensSeparation to customize for biological IPD.

Roaster
Rising Star
Doesn't the lone adjustment on cv1 tweak the lens separation?
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

brantlew
Adventurer
Yes, the slider on CV1 handles lens separation and IPD adjustment.  But the DK2 has a fixed lens separation.

garrettdell
Honored Guest
yea im having an issue with this on my dk2 also. I know that this is mostly meant for the cv1 but it would be nice to have things not be blurry on my dk2.

Popopinsel
Expert Protege

yea im having an issue with this on my dk2 also. I know that this is mostly meant for the cv1 but it would be nice to have things not be blurry on my dk2.

Blurriness comes from wrong lens separation which can only be corrected on the DK2 with lens separators. CV1 has the adjustment sliders to accommodate for this.

Wrong IPD results in wrong stereo separation for your eyes hence depth perception and scale might be off for you. Doesn't affect image sharpness though!

TheBug
Explorer
does anyone know if changing the height setting for the user effects the IPD in any way (for DK2 Users)

gamefan101
Adventurer
If you install lens separators on the DK2, you need to alter the Netserver.cfg as per my previous post, so that the image is spaced to match your shifted lenses.  This file still works for me under SDK1.3 with separators. I haven't needed the software IPD adjustment from the old runtimes.