New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Show Off Your Rift Setup [Photos Inside]

Comments

• grimdargrimdar Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    This was my setup when the DK2 arrived. There's a second TitanX in there now.
    Specs:
    CPU: Intel Skylake i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz
    MOBO: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    Cooling: Liquid cooled by Corsair H110i GT
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
    GPU: Nvidia Titan X x2 SLI
    PSU: EVGA 1000W Gold
    Screen: Asus ROG

• terranwolfterranwolf Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Need to see more ghost in the shell setups. Because GitS is where we are headed. :P
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,966 Volunteer Moderator

I asked a while back if there was any possibility of getting hold of official oculus ready stickers... would look nice next to the usual Asus, EVGA & Intel stickers... a kind of badge of honour for the money we've all spent on upgrading, don't suppose anyone knows where we could get them?

@StreetPreacher, somewhere, knocking around is my first graphics card... an STB Velocity 128, ah was the absolute dogs at the time, it's probably with my US Robotics 56k PCI dial-up card, these things are still being traded on eBay I see

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.388)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The Rift comes with some stickers, but they are just a big logo.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,966 Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    @cybereality, ahh not a gold plated precious metal little jobby then... I though maybe with the Rift price being what it is... ok I'll shut up
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.388)
  • Kalec84Kalec84 Posts: 574
    Trinity
    The wife is just as eager to try it out as I am, can you tell?  :)
    Dirty comments in 3... 2... 1...
  • shortycaponeccshortycaponecc Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited April 2016
    Don't have any pics handy, but skip to 2:39 for specs, and a video of setup in action. Just need the rift, and buttkicker gamer 2 to show up.
  • Paul_BlythePaul_Blythe Posts: 326
    Trinity
    @cybereality , I have been thinking about how to do the same thing given that I have a 3 monitor setup. If you wanted to connect the full pole length could you make it taller? My desk is the only place I can clamp to. My monitor stand it hella fat.
    How about this 27" gooseneck clamp on Amazon, plus the needed 1/4" adaptor.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i5 7600K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 |128GB M.2 NVMe SSD primery | 2TB HDD secondary | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 | 32" 3840x2160 - monitor 1 | 34" 3440x1440 - monitor 2 | OR CV-1
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    Wintermute
    you know we're in trouble when we get nostalgic over pcb's
    Yep, I had a nice walk down GPU memory lane recently, it's been fun watching the technology evolve!
    There were some other cards between the TNT2 and GTX 970, but these are all that I held onto :)
    I still have a Voodoo3d 3 card laying around and it still works. I honestly believe if they managed to prosper as they did back then and weren't bought by Nvidia, we would have much much stronger videocards today available. Considering they were by far the better videocard builders.
    Wintermute
    Also this is my current setup..till the house I bought in december is ready since I am still remodeling, painting, etc.
    When my house is ready I will start work on a Computer Desk Case with better and rigid tubing water cooling.

• ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087
    Wintermute
    Nice, @Syrellaris's pussy looks ready for VR too!   :D

CAT!  
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
    Wintermute
    edited April 2016
    She's my parents cat haha. Used to be my late grandma's. She's a real sweetheart but also very puss-hy. Demands a lot of attention from you, she goes as far as to sit on your head and shoulders to get that attention. :D
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,792
    Project 2501
    Yep, I had a nice walk down GPU memory lane recently, it's been fun watching the technology evolve!
    There were some other cards between the TNT2 and GTX 970, but these are all that I held onto :)
    I still have a Voodoo3d 3 card laying around and it still works. I honestly believe if they managed to prosper as they did back then and weren't bought by Nvidia, we would have much much stronger videocards today available. Considering they were by far the better videocard builders.
    God I missed the Vodoo days...that was mine:

I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I9 [email protected], 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
    Wintermute
    edited April 2016
    maxpare79 said:
    God I missed the Vodoo days...that was mine:

Yeah they were just much much better then Nvidia at the time. I remember quake 2, unreal etc from that time and in 800x600 Nvidia barely reaching like 30 FPS, while the voodoo cards simply blown it all away with over 60 fps haha. Great times! :D

Another great experience was the 486 mhz computer and winter games, commander keen, lost vikings etc on floppy disc! Still have those too :p
  • ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087
    Wintermute
    I will never forget the first time I saw the Unreal Castle demo on my Voodoo Banshee.  It was mind blowing at the time.
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • SyntheticSynthetic Posts: 704
    Trinity

my first accelerator for quake 1 that I got from paper round money
  • PostalGoatPostalGoat Posts: 100
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    I had a Voodoo card as well and there is a new game if you're referring to UT (Alpha)
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 692
    Neo
    Synthetic said:

my first accelerator for quake 1 that I got from paper round money

Wow..... I had that one also!!!   Quake 1 , level editing got me into the world of 3D.
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • Jokergod2000Jokergod2000 Posts: 302
    Nexus 6
    @cybereality , I have been thinking about how to do the same thing given that I have a 3 monitor setup. If you wanted to connect the full pole length could you make it taller? My desk is the only place I can clamp to. My monitor stand it hella fat.
    How about this 27" gooseneck clamp on Amazon, plus the needed 1/4" adaptor.
    Already tried. It's a 4 week delivery but I don't want to wait that long... I guess I did order at XX:05 though? Maybe I have time before it arrives after all? lol
  • SqqqSqqq Posts: 25
    Synthetic said:

my setup for DK2

bit of standing room there... I got another 2 spare rooms to set up if I need more room
    Man...the Dreamcast right there  :'(:'(....is that a Saturn beside It?
    G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram
    2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics
    Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic
    :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:
  • TremFTremF Posts: 96
    Hiro Protagonist
    lordvtp said:

My life is now complete!  (5820k machine with 980ti and 3x 28 inch 1440's to go with the rift)

Looking good with the Leap Motion attached.  :smile: 

I purchased the Leap Motion Developer Bundle with the mount. I have resisted temptation to mount it on my DK2 and will instead mount on the CV1!  :smiley: 
  • RikkTheGaijinRikkTheGaijin Posts: 399
    Trinity
    edited April 2016
    LOL at the dude who posted the picture with his wife in a sexy pose. Was that necessary? :D
    EDIT: I just noticed that the girl in the Windows wallpaper is the same! LOOOL
  • JaRoDJaRoD Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    If my cablefu wasn't so bad I'd post some pics, so just specs it is!

Cpu: 6700k overclocked to 4.4Ghz cooled by prolimatech armageddon and a fan running on 7 volts
    Gpu: XFX R9 290 cooled by NZTX Kraken X60 and gpu underclocked (10%) and undervolted (0.1 volt) for silence
    Memory: Corsair DDR4 16Gb 3000Mhz
    Case: Fractal Design R4
    PSU: Corsair RM650 fan doesn't spin until powerdraw is 260+ watts

So yes I'm all about the silence. Even have a pillow behind the case to absorb some of the noise escaping the back. And one hanging over the 2 top case fans to remove direct sound from the fans. Looks silly but works quite well. Gpu watercooled since the default cooler was just painful to listen to and not to mention the card reached 95 degrees c under heavy load...
  • DelmarKaneDelmarKane Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    LOL at the dude who posted the picture with his wife in a sexy pose. Was that necessary? :D
    As odd as it sounds, yes, it was!  See, she is part of my Oculus setup.  If I am playing a game, she is either sitting at my feet, laying her head on my leg or she is up in my lap, trying to beat me at a game (and sometimes does not even need dirty tricks to beat me!).  With the Oculus coming, she tells me she has plans....and won't tell me what they are but as mischievous as she is, it will benefit her and all I will be able to do is shake my head and laugh.

I am going to make her go through some of the rollercoasters, if I can find them.  May post the video if anyone is interested, though if she caught me recording her screaming, she might get a bit...irked?  :)