New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Comments

• shim2shim2 Posts: 480
    Nexus 6
    I like how pretensions we have become as a species. A temporary mark on my face from wearing an HMD? NO THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
  • snappaheadsnappahead Posts: 2,302
    Trinity
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, if you're stupid and don't adjust it properly, this could happen.

They should do a follow up article on glass-rash and show photos of the little dents that the pads on glasses make in your nose.
    i7 3820
    16 gigs of Ram
    GTX 780ti
  • ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087
    I should have taken some pictures of my 'DK2 Face' after hours in Elite.  Looks exactly the same as a day of skiing with goggles on.
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • jaimijaimi Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    Perhaps they've never seen Velcro before, and they didn't realize the fit was adjustable.  :smile: 
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 511
    Trinity
    poor babies, might have to wait all of 2 minutes for that to go away.
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    They don't wear glasses, right?
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    "Rift rash"? Really? I suppose next they'll come up with a name for the mark your socks leave on your ankles. Beware leg ligatures!
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • KNP54KNP54 Posts: 254
    Nexus 6
    Is that where the Oculus logo comes from?
    Specs: i7-8086k @ 5.0 GHz all cores delidded, NZXT X52 cooler, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz, ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, Corsair SF600 platinum, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB + 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB, Louqe Ghost S1, Asus PB287Q 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 1680x1050 @ 60Hz. Oculus Rift CV1.
  • Lucky_DLucky_D Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    Oh No!! If I wear diving goggles too long I get Rift Rash too.. EVERYONE STOP BUYING DIVING GOGGLES!!
    Art3mis
    Oh and if you wear a wedding ring too long you get a mark on your finger.  EVERYONE STOP WEARING WEDDING RINGS!
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    If i put my paintball mask on to tight, i get similar marks.. Is that rift rash too?
    Art3mis
    If you sit on you foot too long it goes Numb!  EVERYONE STOP SITTING ON YOUR FOOT!

Seriously?!?!?  REALLY?!?!? 
  • greeneblitzgreeneblitz Posts: 126
    Art3mis
    To be fair, a lot of people don't know how to properly fit a a hat or clothes either, isn't the thing adjustable? Just loosen it instead of making all VR owners look like we're ridiculous.
    Art3mis
    Well it is a UK article, perhaps the whole VR thingy-ma-bobby is just to futurey for them.
  • V-WalkerV-Walker Posts: 108
    edited March 2016
    Lucky_D said:
    Well it is a UK article, perhaps the whole VR thingy-ma-bobby is just to futurey for them.

That is a ridiculous comment. Are you even aware of how many "futurey" (Think you mean futuristic btw) inventions and innovations have come from the U.K? Maybe google it, I think you'll be shocked if you think the U.K is some ass - backwards hurdy gurdy country. (two for starters: the inventor of the world wide web you are currently using, and the inventor of the TV you are probably watching later.. oh and the jet engine... and... etc)

It's better to say it's a Daily Mail article, one of the shittiest rags on the planet. They'll make a mountain out of any molehill.

However, in fairness, many have commented on this already and I wonder if the design (spring loaded arms) is and having to have it so tight (having to by many accounts not just user error) and a too thin face gasket is the cause.

As far as I know nobody has reported this for the Vive, and I've never had it on DK2, at least not like that. It doesn't look like it's fading in mere seconds.

Still, that UK comment is out of order, and ignorant