cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 HORRIBLE launch to the public! Will you accept the same broken launch system with Oculus Touch?

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
***Pipe Dreams***

A large number of Kickstarter Backers and Pre-Orders consumers have fell victim to deaf ears from OCULUS. OCULUS, could be doing way better than this regarding the updates/status. Will you find yourself going through this for the Touch controllers that will debut later this year?

On a side note:
I think this was a fixed LAUNCH. Even the delivery of the 1st retail pre-order Rift delivered by Palmer himself just looked cooked up/fixed.

12 REPLIES 12

maxpare79
Trustee
Hell no I won't tolerate another fake paper launch to beat the competition , not even sure I will need the Touch anymore, secured my VIVE preorder a few minutes ago, will see how the situation develops for Oculus in the next few days.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
Yes Sir!

zippyandgeorge
Expert Protege

samsungtx said:

***Pipe Dreams***

A large number of Kickstarter Backers and Pre-Orders consumers have fell victim to deaf ears from OCULUS. OCULUS, could be doing way better than this regarding the updates/status. Will you find yourself going through this for the Touch controllers that will debut later this year?

On a side note:

I think this was a fixed LAUNCH. Even the delivery of the 1st retail pre-order Rift delivered by Palmer himself just looked cooked up/fixed.

I predict the touch launch will be just as bad as the rift launch. I also predict like this abysmal rift launch there will be nothing we can do about it.

zippyandgeorge
Expert Protege

maxpare79 said:

Hell no I won't tolerate another fake paper launch to beat the competition , not even sure I will need the Touch anymore, secured my VIVE preorder a few minutes ago, will see how the situation develops for Oculus in the next few days.

What delivery date have you been given?

edmg
Trustee
In the real world, the public won't care in the least, and most of the people complaining will have forgotten in six months.

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
I stick to my guns, I don't forget....I just apply my time and money to a more reliable source/company. "Ain't nobody got time for that "

Nothing personal just business!

Anonymous
Not applicable

maxpare79 said:

Actually just did the same thing. For me it said it'll ship in May, and gods help me I believe them!

Hanover
Rising Star
Or...they sold over 175,000 units and only a small percentage are people who actually come to this forum or post on reddit.  There could be hundreds of deliveries this week and we might not know.

zippyandgeorge
Expert Protege

Westane said:

maxpare79 said:

Actually just did the same thing. For me it said it'll ship in May, and gods help me I believe them!

Time to cancel my Rift and order a Vive.