cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received customer support response regarding shipping query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if anyone will be able to parse any hidden clues or secret indications from this, but I thought I'd post this as I hadn't seen anyone receive a response from Oculus support regarding shipping yet. My order was confirmed in less than a minute after pre-orders opened so I was hoping she could tell me more, but at least it wasn't a form response and she acknowledged I was an early order.

I know a lot of people are hitting Oculus hard for the lack of communication, so it's a positive sign to me that I received a response in three days considering how many message they are probably getting.

It does seem weird that they don't seem to know where their products are. Seems like even a third-party would have thought about setting them up with a tracking system. Oh well, I will continue to wait excitedly :wink: 
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and I can see that you got in early on order day!
I don't have a window into exact ship times and locations for the Rifts, but keep an eye on your email.
Once your device is scanned you will get an email saying you were charged, and tracking information for your shipment.
Thanks for your patience while we prep all our devices to go out to our excited customers.

Regards,

Michelle
Oculus Support

5 REPLIES 5

Percy1983
Superstar
As I keep saying, they will arrive soon, stop stressing.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately, it's not at all uncommon for support staff, especially those whose job it is to respond to email queries, to have little real knowledge. If they don't know the answer (or aren't allowed to give it), their task is to politely provide a response such as this which may sound reassuring, but actually provides zero information.

The best way to (sometimes) obtain a response is to telephone the support centre. That way you can speak to the person responding and, if their response doesn't satisfy you, you can ask to speak to someone further up the chain who may know (or be authorised to give) more information.

Only problem here is that Oculus don't have a telephone support line. So, basically, until they chose to give more info, all the emails in the world won't get us anywhere.

Hanover
Rising Star

notsram said:

Unfortunately, it's not at all uncommon for support staff, especially those whose job it is to respond to email queries, to have little real knowledge. If they don't know the answer (or aren't allowed to give it), their task is to politely provide a response such as this which may sound reassuring, but actually provides zero information.

The best way to (sometimes) obtain a response is to telephone the support centre. That way you can speak to the person responding and, if their response doesn't satisfy you, you can ask to speak to someone further up the chain who may know (or be authorised to give) more information.

Only problem here is that Oculus don't have a telephone support line. So, basically, until they chose to give more info, all the emails in the world won't get us anywhere.

So basically you are saying that any information Oculus provides you, there's an excuse not to believe them.  This is what has basically been going on at the Reddit sub.

Apparently from what I can tell from the messages at Reddit and here is there is most likely a bar code or a QR code stuck on the shipping label thats affixed to package going out.  They scan them right before they go out onto the truck to UPS and that is when you're billed.

Most likely they are maxing out the number orders they can possibly per day, and there simply isn't any way that every person who preordered is on this forum or on Reddit to tell you that they've received a notice/order/charge/whatever.

It was stated on their promotional video on their You Tube channel that they can make 100 rifts per hour.  That's 4000 rifts in a work week.  The question is, how many rifts can they ship in a day?  If they can do 4000 a week, that's 12000 per month.  Multiply that by the number of months between now and July, it pretty matches up in days to why people who order one now won't get one until July since it was reported they sold over 175,000.  Now if they can do more than 4000 a week, they could get ahead if they started stockpiling last month...A company like Apple could easily achieve that, but unfortunately Oculus is smaller than Apple. 

water_
Adventurer

Being able to assemble 100 rifts per hour does not mean they have the parts to assemble 175,000 rifts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just speaking from personal experience of using support centres 🙂