cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 in Europe

godwisper
Expert Protege
any ideas when will the CV1 be available in Europe ? Seems it is only being delivered in the US and the prices I found on ebay are crazy besides need to add the customs fees which are a huge amount to add. Yeah my country (Malta) is not listed in the supported countries yet even though we are part of the EU. I have a DK2 at present and am enjoying it to the full but rumours...evil rumours always hurt saying that DK2 will no longer be supported in the near future like the DK1 so have the cash and looking for quick options as don`t want to be stranded with a packed library in the store. I have an S7 edge with gear VR as well and am undecided if to sell it as well and just invest on a CV1 and 980TI now that am the proud owner of an alienware amplifier.
332 REPLIES 332

bmallory
Honored Guest
On the UPS website, ETA is set to monday (it indeed appears to come from Netherlands). I really doubt it will be here on saturday

0zj62mgiewgy.png

edit : I honestly think this launch went a lot smoother than the KS DK1 one. Even though it was "only" 7500 units, I remember having to wait 2 to 3 weeks after launch simply to have tracking # with Europe being one of the last batches of shipments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

bmallory said:

On the UPS website, ETA is set to monday (it indeed appears to come from Netherlands). I really doubt it will be here on saturday

0zj62mgiewgy.png

edit : I honestly think this launch went a lot smoother than the KS DK1 one. Even though it was "only" 7500 units, I remember having to wait 2 to 3 weeks after launch simply to have tracking # with Europe being one of the last batches of shipments.

Considering Facebook bought them out for $2M, the launch should have been smoother than silk.

I wasn't around for the DK launches, but this one has been a complete shambles.

EliteSPA
Superstar

notsram said:

bmallory said:

0zj62mgiewgy.png

Considering Facebook bought them out for $2M, the launch should have been smoother than silk.

I wasn't around for the DK launches, but this one has been a complete shambles.

$2 Billion not 2$million.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking at the Reddit shipping page, there wasn't much activity last night in sending out European Rifts...

maxx11111
Adventurer
i got a email last night 9xxx ks backer uk

Anonymous
Not applicable
2M is nothing really when it comes to manufacturing products. You'll spend that much on startup depending on the size. 2B is a bit harder ~ but can be easily spent really fast when it comes to R&D, worker cost, software, programming, manufacturing cost, sending out free products, Etc. I be surprise if they still have 20M left to work with in terms of getting a support team, last min fixes, and other things.

EliteSPA
Superstar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgyC1yG3jZI

Sorry I couldnt resist.  😛
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry. Obviously I meant two billion. Did try and post to correct this earlier, but it needs moderation for some reason?

sympodius
Protege

NjayNL said:

UPS does deliver on saturday depends what oculus pays them

Sorry, I just meant that (assuming my order ships today), UPS offer no service that would get it to me faster than Monday (according to their website). I didn't mean to imply that they don't do Saturday deliveries in general.

Conz
Explorer
Just received my CV1. Yeah. 🙂
I'm a Kickstarter from Germany.

Thank you Oculus!