New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

CV1 in Europe

Comments

• NjayNLNjayNL Posts: 137
    Art3mis
    Well if UPS delivers on saturday also and they ship tommorow i am one happy camper..
  • sympodiussympodius Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    bmallory said:
    I'm pretty sure I'm one of the very last KS backer. If preorders are not in this batch they'll certainly be in the next one
    You're later than me. I'm backer 7901 (you're 8640, right?), but I've heard nothing. Not even the 1-3 weeks email. I'm in the UK though, so that might affect things. People are also saying the kickstarter ordering might be related to when the survey was received rather than your backer number. I got the email saying they'd received my survey on Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 4:01 PM.

In any case, I'm really pleased for everyone that has received their CV1 so far :)

• Ruszek83Ruszek83 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    I am no KS backer, but my status just changed to "shipped", not tracking number yet... i was in XXX26XXX 5 minutes in.
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    Wintermute
    NjayNL said:
    they have backers that is then .. from a location in Venlo the netherlands.. anyways come on oculus support your paying customers also

That is not to far from where I live lol, do they have a return address , ill go visit and take yours for myself ;)
  • bmallory said:
    I'm pretty sure I'm one of the very last KS backer. If preorders are not in this batch they'll certainly be in the next one
    Nope, 7xxx here and nothing barring the SHIPPED status, which is now 22 hours old. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • VRonVRon Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    KS backer 15XX from France, still nothing... :'(
    Brain Burst
    I just got an order update email (Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 6:55 AM BST) and my status has changed to 'Shipped.'

Hi John,

Your order has been processed and your Rift is almost on its way! Look for a shipping confirmation email with tracking information soon.

Please keep this email handy for reference. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact Oculus Support.

The Oculus Team

Need Help? Oculus Support Center
    Oculus VR Ireland Limited

I'm KickStarter backer 7901 from the UK (Scotland). I got the email saying they'd received my survey on Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 4:01 PM GMT. This is the first communication I've received from Oculus related to my order since then.
  • You're likely looking at sometime next week, my order went to Shipped about 30 hours ago and theres been no sign of a tracking number. I've raised to a support ticket to find out whats going on, as I'll need to ensure someone is at home to receive the package should it ever appear. Shipped to me implies its been given to the distribution partner and I'd have expected a tracking number within a few hours.
    Brain Burst
    Given that it's Friday and they're using UPS, I'd assumed next week. But at least I've heard something. Feel bad for those that still have no news at all.

I've heard some people say that the DK1/DK2 shipments sometimes arrived before the tracking number, but not sure if that's happened with anyone for CV1?
  • NjayNLNjayNL Posts: 137
    Art3mis
    UPS does deliver on saturday depends what oculus pays them
  • bmallorybmallory Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited April 2016
    On the UPS website, ETA is set to monday (it indeed appears to come from Netherlands). I really doubt it will be here on saturday

edit : I honestly think this launch went a lot smoother than the KS DK1 one. Even though it was "only" 7500 units, I remember having to wait 2 to 3 weeks after launch simply to have tracking # with Europe being one of the last batches of shipments.
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    bmallory said:
    On the UPS website, ETA is set to monday (it indeed appears to come from Netherlands). I really doubt it will be here on saturday

edit : I honestly think this launch went a lot smoother than the KS DK1 one. Even though it was "only" 7500 units, I remember having to wait 2 to 3 weeks after launch simply to have tracking # with Europe being one of the last batches of shipments.
    Considering Facebook bought them out for $2M, the launch should have been smoother than silk.

I wasn't around for the DK launches, but this one has been a complete shambles.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    notsram said:
    bmallory said:

Considering Facebook bought them out for $2M, the launch should have been smoother than silk.

I wasn't around for the DK launches, but this one has been a complete shambles.
    $2 Billion not 2$million.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    Wintermute
    Looking at the Reddit shipping page, there wasn't much activity last night in sending out European Rifts...
  • maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    i got a email last night 9xxx ks backer uk
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,585 Valuable Player
    2M is nothing really when it comes to manufacturing products. You'll spend that much on startup depending on the size. 2B is a bit harder ~ but can be easily spent really fast when it comes to R&D, worker cost, software, programming, manufacturing cost, sending out free products, Etc. I be surprise if they still have 20M left to work with in terms of getting a support team, last min fixes, and other things.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited April 2016

Sorry I couldnt resist.  :p
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    Wintermute
    Sorry. Obviously I meant two billion. Did try and post to correct this earlier, but it needs moderation for some reason?
    Brain Burst
    NjayNL said:
    UPS does deliver on saturday depends what oculus pays them
    Sorry, I just meant that (assuming my order ships today), UPS offer no service that would get it to me faster than Monday (according to their website). I didn't mean to imply that they don't do Saturday deliveries in general.
  • ConzConz Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just received my CV1. Yeah. :)
    I'm a Kickstarter from Germany.

Thank you Oculus!

NerveGear
    wow mine is already in france (and not too far from me) ! maybe i'll get it tomorow after all !
  • SchlaggesSchlagges Posts: 39
    bmallory said:
    wow mine is already in france (and not too far from me) ! maybe i'll get it tomorow after all !
    KS?
    1userSig.png
    NerveGear
    Yup (#8640)
  • ColdRemSColdRemS Posts: 24
    NerveGear
    Are you a KS backer bmallory?
    I'm a French pre-orderer (#26), still got nothing, not even notification email.
  • SchlaggesSchlagges Posts: 39
    Only KS get theirs. Not a single confirmed pre-order in Europe
    1userSig.png
    Wintermute
    Schlagges said:
    Only KS get theirs. Not a single confirmed pre-order in Europe
    Going by the reddit shipping thread, seems as though there was virtually (geddit?) no european shipping activity last night.

*edges ever more closely to sending that 'cancel my pre-order' email...*
  • paulb29paulb29 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Thought I'd drop by to let you guys know that I just received the Rift here in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Kickstarter backer. I got the tracking information yesterday; obviously, as it was shipped from the Netherlands I got it in one day. UPS Standard. Nicely packaged.
  • noiselocknoiselock Posts: 11
    did anyone received the cv1 in UK?
    I have preorder status on mine!!
  • TommyEnTommyEn Posts: 14
    No pre-orders have been delivered in Europe yet.
  • martinPmartinP Posts: 34
    Tommy, "Pre-order" Order status is the default status of all the KS (before it starts to be processed)