cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is life at Oculus! Order page updated...

maxpare79
Trustee
Shipping charges have completely disappeared in the last refresh I did...It used to be 65$cad for shipping now shipping charges are gone...

So I guess they really do exist!!!!
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still have a shipping charge, but it's down to $2.06

AHSid
Honored Guest

Same here, the £30 shipping charge to the UK has fallen off.

Just hope they're not changing it from next day airmail, to second class surface mail!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Wtf?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

water_
Adventurer

It could be why they are not able to ship in mass quantities is because UPS/FEDEX can't handle the load of so many next-day-air shipments at once. 

The problem then would be they would need to package them better than they are in the unboxing videos I have seen. Next-day-air can be packaged a little lighter because the box exchanges hands less and is not thrown around as much/not stacked in a semi-truck under 200 other boxes.  

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
Mine shows $2.40.  Looks like they just deducted $30 from the shipping total, because my shipping was previously $32.40.  Maybe they're switching distribution companies or location.

Anonymous
Not applicable
oculus may be paying for our shipping? Would be a nice move on their part. Hell, that and an update would be incredible. Even a normal update telling us the situation would be fine by me. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Or Palmer is paying for shipping ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

PostalGoat
Protege
Mine was an even $30, zero now. I'm in Indiana

boggie1688
Protege

water_ said:

It could be why they are not able to ship in mass quantities is because UPS/FEDEX can't handle the load of so many next-day-air shipments at once. 

The problem then would be they would need to package them better than they are in the unboxing videos I have seen. Next-day-air can be packaged a little lighter because the box exchanges hands less and is not thrown around as much/not stacked in a semi-truck under 200 other boxes.  

Your kidding right? UPS/Fedex can't handle so many next day air shipments? Two of the largest logistics companies in the world, who operate their own airplanes can't handle shipments from a tiny 500 person company. 

water_
Adventurer

I meant from a single source. There are only so many planes taking off with packages in them from wherever they are shipping them from. If your talking quantity instead of speed, you could get a lot more rifts to local distribution centers faster if they were on trucks than you could trying to land planes on runways as another plane was taking off (which they aren't).