cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Off Your Rift Setup [Photos Inside]

cybereality
Grand Champion
So, some people may have received their Rifts today. Many more will receive this week and beyond. I figured I'd kick off a thread for people to post photos of their new Rift or their Rift setups. I'll start with mine.

This is just the Kickstarter Edition box. Nothing you probably haven't seen before, but still such an impressive looking box. Hats off to the design team for coming up with something so sleek.

ij5xj5xx6cwo.jpg
vkwc648865af.jpg
f3zojibzsn8h.jpg

This is a flexible tripod arm I got to mount the tracking sensor on. You may not know, but the sensor twists off at two lengths, one at the base and one almost at the top. I screwed it off the top thread and attached it to this $15 flexible tripod.
http://www.amazon.com/Smatree%C2%AE-Ajustable-Gooseneck-Extension-Cameras/dp/B00MWNYGUS

9s8nbihrjir5.jpg
aoshatigiazg.jpg
uibhtbfdnexl.jpg

Just went through Dreamdeck and some of Dead Secret. It's so good. I've even done Dreamdeck at least like 3 or 4 times before, but somehow it was just way better finally seeing on my home rig. The part with the alien almost seemed real. Can't wait to try some of the other content for longer sessions (as for work I can usually only test for shorter periods).

Please feel free to share your setup too!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
232 REPLIES 232

Synthetic
Rising Star
wtqill1shk6x.jpgfl369o9zx83n.jpg

my first accelerator for quake 1 that I got from paper round money

cybereality
Grand Champion
This was the first video card I got with the first computer I built for myself.

Unreal... OMG!! Why doesn't Epic make a new Unreal game??!!?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PostalGoat
Protege
I had a Voodoo card as well and there is a new game if you're referring to UT (Alpha)

pjenness
Rising Star

Synthetic said:

fl369o9zx83n.jpg

my first accelerator for quake 1 that I got from paper round money

Wow..... I had that one also!!!   Quake 1 , level editing got me into the world of 3D.
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

PostalGoat
Protege
CPU: I7 5930
MOBO: MSI Godlike X99
GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme 980 ti
PSU: EVGA 1000w G2
RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair
Cooler: Corsair 110i GTX
Case: Enthoo Luxe
Display: Acer Predator x34

zgdp7n7ilb4i.jpg

Jokergod2000
Adventurer

@cybereality , I have been thinking about how to do the same thing given that I have a 3 monitor setup. If you wanted to connect the full pole length could you make it taller? My desk is the only place I can clamp to. My monitor stand it hella fat.

How about this 27" gooseneck clamp on Amazon, plus the needed 1/4" adaptor.

Already tried. It's a 4 week delivery but I don't want to wait that long... I guess I did order at XX:05 though? Maybe I have time before it arrives after all? lol

Sqqq
Explorer

Synthetic said:

o4uv30hqavsp.jpg17lk3l3ho0w4.jpg

my setup for DK2

bit of standing room there... I got another 2 spare rooms to set up if I need more room

Man...the Dreamcast right there  :'( :'(....is that a Saturn beside It?
G1 Assassin - I7-990X 4.3 GHz + Kryos XT .925 Silver - 6/12/24 Gb Ram 2 x Titan modded bios + 2 x Kryographics Water cooled Aquaduct 720 XT Mark V ceramic :twisted:Oculus RIFT CV1 pending July :twisted:

TremF
Expert Protege

lordvtp said:

My life is now complete!  (5820k machine with 980ti and 3x 28 inch 1440's to go with the rift)

w0azh3te8gmw.jpg

Looking good with the Leap Motion attached.  :smile: 

I purchased the Leap Motion Developer Bundle with the mount. I have resisted temptation to mount it on my DK2 and will instead mount on the CV1!  :smiley: 

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
LOL at the dude who posted the picture with his wife in a sexy pose. Was that necessary? 😄
EDIT: I just noticed that the girl in the Windows wallpaper is the same! LOOOL

JaRoD
Honored Guest
If my cablefu wasn't so bad I'd post some pics, so just specs it is!

Cpu: 6700k overclocked to 4.4Ghz cooled by prolimatech armageddon and a fan running on 7 volts
Gpu: XFX R9 290 cooled by NZTX Kraken X60 and gpu underclocked (10%) and undervolted (0.1 volt) for silence
Memory: Corsair DDR4 16Gb 3000Mhz
Case: Fractal Design R4
PSU: Corsair RM650 fan doesn't spin until powerdraw is 260+ watts

So yes I'm all about the silence. Even have a pillow behind the case to absorb some of the noise escaping the back. And one hanging over the 2 top case fans to remove direct sound from the fans. Looks silly but works quite well. Gpu watercooled since the default cooler was just painful to listen to and not to mention the card reached 95 degrees c under heavy load...