Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, just to talk, lets imagine "how we wish the Oculus Home to be"

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
Lets make a list of the stuff we want, I really hope to have:

-VR forum/chat
-Demo version for each game (even just some vr "screencaps" of the game are ok in my opinion)
-Refound policy... at this point everybody have it, and due to the nature of VR, i think this is a "must have" for oculus or they really rick to have all oculus owners buying from steam, since we can easly use the rift on steam games.
-vive/other HMD compatibility... simply let vive users be able to use the oculus store and buy/play game here too, steam did that, be smart and to that too oculus u.u

am i missing something? 🙂
34 REPLIES 34

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
I would like some kind of Social VR aspects but I strongly assume facebook will be implemented and will tie in the social side somehow.  I hope we can keep it separate but still able to use both. 

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Some one correct me if i am wrong but i believe that there will be some kind of chat. I can't remember what their vision is but i do know they have social features planned. I can't remember what's the issue with Vive support either but it is clearly in their best interest to support every decent VR HMD. It's something about the way integration is done they can't agree on i think.

BrunoVR
Protege
Some type of Desktop software should also be icluded so we don't have to switch between VR world and for some basic destop task

pjenness
Rising Star
Actually great thread..I almost think it needs its own forum? Feedback/Suggestions for Oculus Home, as its such a huge new product.   @cybereality   ?

I can think of a number of things.

- Social:  Sharing windows/videos desktop with a "friend" . Perhaps this is better suited to Virtual Desktop? What else is planned since you can add friends?

- Home Rooms. Since the layout is based on a "home" some other room or spaces to customise your experience (eg menu items per room) . EG, a home theatre room for the media stuff, a downstairs basement for dev stuff. A Games room for your games  etc etc. Customisable is key.

- Custom Home: Allow devs /artists to create and share/sell custom home envsetups on the store

- Game demos is a good one as mentioned. Some of those games are pricey, so would be nice to test them first. Refund option is ok, but wouldnt make sense for "experience" purchases as you can experience and get refund.

- Family share. There is a good chance I will have a DK2 and CV1 in the house hold soon. So a way to setup a secondary account for other family members. Where they can share my purchases (except for games where we multiplay,then need a licesnse each most likely) but have their own login, customisations and friends lists etc.

- Webcam to PnP display. So I can setup a few webcams in my real life room and see if anyone is near. (my daughter always trying to scare me in dreadhalls etc!!) Or in other locations (security etc)

- Virtual Desktop Integration. (as previous post mention)  A lot of the fatures of virtual desktop would actually work nicely integrated into home. So you can have the home screens and the desktops together somehow. Instead of one or the other.

There are so many things, but each prob need their own thread...so a Oculus Home forum may be a good idea?

Cheers
-P

Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

Synthetic
Rising Star
validate installation so I can move the installed files in/out to backup
validate game/app files I mean

set video file directory as well plz thnx have a cookie

Lucky_D
Heroic Explorer
Not to use another product as a comparison, but the Steam Client  has been doing this for years, Oculus Home should take a lot of their queues from it.  I personally feel anything we can do in the Steam Client we should be able to do in OH.

For example, backup my games, so if I need to reinstall or I upgrade systems, etc. I can easily recover my games.

Full Social components

Ability to scan my system for games already installed and add them to OH

If I buy a game at a brick and mortar store, give me the ability to input its CD key or game code so it can be managed by OH.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
I agree with Virtual Desktop integration, it is the first app I knew I needed, and I think it would make sense if it was built in.

2EyeGuy
Adventurer
  • Mouse, Keyboard, or joystick controls.
  • Some way to recenter the camera.
  • DK1 support.

Currently Home is impossible for me to use with DK2, because I don't have the Xbox controller yet.

pjenness
Rising Star

2EyeGuy said:

• Mouse, Keyboard, or joystick controls.
  • Some way to recenter the camera.
  • DK1 support.

Currently Home is impossible for me to use with DK2, because I don't have the Xbox controller yet.

Do you have any controllers? Im using a PS3 one, mimicing a Xbox controller using the Better DS3 app

-P
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349