New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Ok, just to talk, lets imagine "how we wish the Oculus Home to be"

Kalec84Kalec84 Posts: 574
Trinity
Lets make a list of the stuff we want, I really hope to have:

-VR forum/chat
-Demo version for each game (even just some vr "screencaps" of the game are ok in my opinion)
-Refound policy... at this point everybody have it, and due to the nature of VR, i think this is a "must have" for oculus or they really rick to have all oculus owners buying from steam, since we can easly use the rift on steam games.
-vive/other HMD compatibility... simply let vive users be able to use the oculus store and buy/play game here too, steam did that, be smart and to that too oculus u.u

am i missing something? :)

Comments

• Arock387Arock387 Posts: 729
    Trinity
    I would like some kind of Social VR aspects but I strongly assume facebook will be implemented and will tie in the social side somehow.  I hope we can keep it separate but still able to use both. 
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    Some one correct me if i am wrong but i believe that there will be some kind of chat. I can't remember what their vision is but i do know they have social features planned. I can't remember what's the issue with Vive support either but it is clearly in their best interest to support every decent VR HMD. It's something about the way integration is done they can't agree on i think.
  • BrunoVRBrunoVR Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Some type of Desktop software should also be icluded so we don't have to switch between VR world and for some basic destop task
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 692
    Neo
    Actually great thread..I almost think it needs its own forum? Feedback/Suggestions for Oculus Home, as its such a huge new product.   @cybereality  ?

I can think of a number of things.

- Social:  Sharing windows/videos desktop with a "friend" . Perhaps this is better suited to Virtual Desktop? What else is planned since you can add friends?

- Home Rooms. Since the layout is based on a "home" some other room or spaces to customise your experience (eg menu items per room) . EG, a home theatre room for the media stuff, a downstairs basement for dev stuff. A Games room for your games  etc etc. Customisable is key.

- Custom Home: Allow devs /artists to create and share/sell custom home envsetups on the store

- Game demos is a good one as mentioned. Some of those games are pricey, so would be nice to test them first. Refund option is ok, but wouldnt make sense for "experience" purchases as you can experience and get refund.

- Family share. There is a good chance I will have a DK2 and CV1 in the house hold soon. So a way to setup a secondary account for other family members. Where they can share my purchases (except for games where we multiplay,then need a licesnse each most likely) but have their own login, customisations and friends lists etc.

- Webcam to PnP display. So I can setup a few webcams in my real life room and see if anyone is near. (my daughter always trying to scare me in dreadhalls etc!!) Or in other locations (security etc)

- Virtual Desktop Integration. (as previous post mention)  A lot of the fatures of virtual desktop would actually work nicely integrated into home. So you can have the home screens and the desktops together somehow. Instead of one or the other.

There are so many things, but each prob need their own thread...so a Oculus Home forum may be a good idea?

Cheers
    -P

Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • SyntheticSynthetic Posts: 704
    Trinity
    validate installation so I can move the installed files in/out to backup
    validate game/app files I mean

set video file directory as well plz thnx have a cookie
  • Lucky_DLucky_D Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    Not to use another product as a comparison, but the Steam Client  has been doing this for years, Oculus Home should take a lot of their queues from it.  I personally feel anything we can do in the Steam Client we should be able to do in OH.

For example, backup my games, so if I need to reinstall or I upgrade systems, etc. I can easily recover my games.

Full Social components

Ability to scan my system for games already installed and add them to OH

If I buy a game at a brick and mortar store, give me the ability to input its CD key or game code so it can be managed by OH.
  • Protocol7Protocol7 Posts: 333
    Trinity
    I agree with Virtual Desktop integration, it is the first app I knew I needed, and I think it would make sense if it was built in.
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,084
    Trinity
    • Mouse, Keyboard, or joystick controls.
    • Some way to recenter the camera.
    • DK1 support.

Currently Home is impossible for me to use with DK2, because I don't have the Xbox controller yet.
    Neo
    2EyeGuy said:
    • Mouse, Keyboard, or joystick controls.
    • Some way to recenter the camera.
    • DK1 support.

Currently Home is impossible for me to use with DK2, because I don't have the Xbox controller yet.

Do you have any controllers? Im using a PS3 one, mimicing a Xbox controller using the Better DS3 app

-P

• BloodletBloodlet Posts: 736
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    I'm going to +1 the need for keyboard mouse control as well as Xbox controller.
    My reason for this is simple. I use Hotas or Wheel for most games. Needing to also have an Xbox controller plugged in (purely to re-orientate the view if needed) not only takes up yet another usb port but also can cause conflict with the other contollers.

Having a keyboard command to acces Home would eliminate all these problems.

+1 also for the game demo's. I already posted a thread on this ;)

There are alot of features missing from Home. I rarely used SteamVR but since I got Oculus Home I'm actually using SteamVR more because it has the better features :/
    Trinity
    edited April 2016
    pjenness said:
    Do you have any controllers? Im using a PS3 one, mimicing a Xbox controller using the Better DS3 app

-P
    Yes. I have a SIXAXIS, 2 Moves, and a Navigation Subcontroller.
    But MotionInJoy doesn't work on Windows 10.
  • Kalec84Kalec84 Posts: 574
    Trinity
    @pjenness
    I really hope for the forum/chat and the refound policy. I think those are the "first" things that should be added.
    Abviously the paid experience should not be refoundable, but i think they should be free unless they are of a "certain lenght"
    I mean, You can't (well, you shuldn't) make someone pay for a 10-12 seconds experience, maibe for a package of them, like the dream deck, can be ok, but i that case you can make a free version with only one or 2 experiences or a collage of some of them.

@Lucky_D
    Sure, i think being able to backup our games or just playing them from a different folder from the oculus home is not something we should have, but is absolutely NEEDED. I don't mind having OH on my windows SSD but my games have to be in a BIGGER hard drive, absolutely.

Neo
    2EyeGuy said:
    pjenness said:

-P
    Yes. I have a SIXAXIS, 2 Moves, and a Navigation Subcontroller.
    But MotionInJoy doesn't work on Windows 10.
    Is the Six Axis a playstation one?
    If you can find an old PS3 controller (should be dirt cheap now) you can download "Better DS3" and mimic xbox360 on windows 10. There is probably one for PS4 controllers also.

-P

• notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    I'll be amazed if there's not some sort of Facebook integration very soon. Although, given that you need to type to use Facebook, and you can't see your keyboard when you have the HMD on, it'll be interesting to see how they implement this.
    Trinity
    pjenness said:
    If you can find an old PS3 controller (should be dirt cheap now) you can download "Better DS3" and mimic xbox360 on windows 10. There is probably one for PS4 controllers also.

-P
    Yes. It's the original version of the Dual Shock 3 before they added rumble.
    I tried Better DS3. It doesn't work, because it depends on MotionInJoy drivers. MotionInJoy drivers can't be installed on Windows 10 because they are not signed. There are no signed drivers for emulating an Xbox 360 controller, despite it being so obviously necessary.
    Trinity
    notsram said:
    I'll be amazed if there's not some sort of Facebook integration very soon. Although, given that you need to type to use Facebook, and you can't see your keyboard when you have the HMD on, it'll be interesting to see how they implement this.
    In theory... LITERALLY in theory if you add 4 leds to the sides of your keyboard, you could track it and see it in vr... is saw something like that on some kickstarter gloves with "led strips" 
    Only problem is, if the webcam can't "distinct" the oculus led from the keyboard leds, you will screw up the tracking u.u
  • maxx11111maxx11111 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    a way to run non Home apps inside Home
    Trinity
    maxx11111 said:
    a way to run non Home apps inside Home
    You mean like the "ad a non steam game" option?
    Yeah, it will be cool and probably easy...
  • BoondawgleBoondawgle Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I would like to be able to customize the categories that my own purchases are put in. Ultimately I found myself scrolling through endless pages on the gear and I will eventually have too many apps here as well. It would be nice to be able to use your own background - maybe pull pictures from the 360 picture application. I am baffled why they don't give you 360 views of the applications before purchasing - does not have to have actual game play but still shots at a reasonable average resolution. Full video would be great. As far as I can tell, I think it is possible to bring outside games into home but I have not spent the time figuring it out. For now I am just launching my own games directly (nothing special but learning unity) and it usually works. I did have to enable the outside content switch which is no big deal. I have found Steam interface very difficult to understand but I am guessing that is my problem - I need to get used to it and it seems like the touch controllers will eventually make it easier. I also might like an audio player to hook into my music library that would continue to play while the applications are running.
  • SyntheticSynthetic Posts: 704
    Trinity
    for oculus home store NOT to write restrict files
  • aiaustinaiaustin Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow.. these games, VR experiencs and simple short demos or (likely) single view films are enormous disc space gobblers. Farlands is 7.5GB! That's GB!! They are rapidly filling my SSD drives... even spreading things out usng Oculus Home for some and Steam with its multiple game location faclity for others.
  • 3DByte3DByte Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    Possibility to set IPD for DK2 owners :/
  • aiaustinaiaustin Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist

1. Ability to recenter view direction after putting on headset and getting positioned.

2. Ability to at any time recenter viewpoint when it gets off center for whatever reason.

3. Ability to set multiple locations for app download and installs to spread the load. Current default used unless changed.

4. A lightweight way to preview an app or use it briefly to see if its any use.

5. Much better fire effect in the "Home" lounge versus the current 15cm cubes (on DK2 anyway). It does not currently look stylish like the tree leaves do... it just looks like some rendering failure. 

6. Ability to adjust IPD for DK2 as others have suggested.

7. Ability to suppress/show the text bar warning that DK2 is not going to be supported in the Home lounge. Once we have seen it, we do not normally need that stuck in front of our faces constantly.

8. Ability to add and launch apps and downloaded VR experiences to a category in the Home menu, so that you can launch within VR rather than returning to the 2D desktop to launch them.

9. Simple use of some keyboard mapping for "Return to Home" and basic selection, so that if the Xbox controller is not connected you can still do basics.

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,195 Valuable Player
    edited April 2016
    for me the most important things have to be,

1) cross platform online support for games which are also on other stores (not sure who is at "fault" here)
    2) support for vive (again not sure who is responsible for this)
    3) ability to add external games into the front end and integrate them tidily into your home screen
    4) multiple control methods, not everyone wants to use pad all the time
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Neo
    2EyeGuy said:
    pjenness said:

-P
    Yes. It's the original version of the Dual Shock 3 before they added rumble.
    I tried Better DS3. It doesn't work, because it depends on MotionInJoy drivers. MotionInJoy drivers can't be installed on Windows 10 because they are not signed. There are no signed drivers for emulating an Xbox 360 controller, despite it being so obviously necessary.

UM....Im using my DS3 on win10.  Use the DS3 (motion joy) tool first to load the driver, then use better DS3 to create the xbox profile.

Maybe this may help:

Good luck

• jimmytangojimmytango Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    What I want to have:
    - Customizable trophy room
    - Purchase virtual cupboard or shelves to display
    - Makes trophy/achievement meaningfull. Rare trophy should be big and spectacular
    - Robot maid to arrange my trophy when I'm feeling lazy
    - Social. Setting up a party (like PSN party) should use host trophy room as lobby.
  • NokiBENokiBE Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    the only thing in the oculus home i want to have is more custom options in the CV1 'room'

1- get rid of the white so you have less pixelation
    2- be more colorfull so point 1 gets avoided
  • AntimorianAntimorian Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Well one thing i want in the store that you can actually delete stuff in your library.

or make the option findable, almost as confusing as Facebook xD
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    A clock.
    Could even be like The Lab with things to do.
    Second vote for Organize Items in Library.
    Set or Reset height.
    Couple of babes in the pool. (I hope nobody at Oculus fainted at the thought)
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 336
    Trinity
    For the love of God a text or notification system. I don't want to throw someone into a party when I can just send a simple message.