Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, just to talk, lets imagine "how we wish the Oculus Home to be"

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
Lets make a list of the stuff we want, I really hope to have:

-VR forum/chat
-Demo version for each game (even just some vr "screencaps" of the game are ok in my opinion)
-Refound policy... at this point everybody have it, and due to the nature of VR, i think this is a "must have" for oculus or they really rick to have all oculus owners buying from steam, since we can easly use the rift on steam games.
-vive/other HMD compatibility... simply let vive users be able to use the oculus store and buy/play game here too, steam did that, be smart and to that too oculus u.u

am i missing something? 🙂
34 REPLIES 34

Bloodlet
Rising Star
I'm going to +1 the need for keyboard mouse control as well as Xbox controller.
My reason for this is simple. I use Hotas or Wheel for most games. Needing to also have an Xbox controller plugged in (purely to re-orientate the view if needed) not only takes up yet another usb port but also can cause conflict with the other contollers.

Having a keyboard command to acces Home would eliminate all these problems.

+1 also for the game demo's. I already posted a thread on this 😉

There are alot of features missing from Home. I rarely used SteamVR but since I got Oculus Home I'm actually using SteamVR more because it has the better features 😕

2EyeGuy
Adventurer

pjenness said:
Do you have any controllers? Im using a PS3 one, mimicing a Xbox controller using the Better DS3 app

-P

Yes. I have a SIXAXIS, 2 Moves, and a Navigation Subcontroller.
But MotionInJoy doesn't work on Windows 10.

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
@pjenness 
I really hope for the forum/chat and the refound policy. I think those are the "first" things that should be added.
Abviously the paid experience should not be refoundable, but i think they should be free unless they are of a "certain lenght"
I mean, You can't (well, you shuldn't) make someone pay for a 10-12 seconds experience, maibe for a package of them, like the dream deck, can be ok, but i that case you can make a free version with only one or 2 experiences or a collage of some of them.

@Lucky_D
Sure, i think being able to backup our games or just playing them from a different folder from the oculus home is not something we should have, but is absolutely NEEDED. I don't mind having OH on my windows SSD but my games have to be in a BIGGER hard drive, absolutely.

pjenness
Rising Star

2EyeGuy said:

pjenness said:
Do you have any controllers? Im using a PS3 one, mimicing a Xbox controller using the Better DS3 app

-P

Yes. I have a SIXAXIS, 2 Moves, and a Navigation Subcontroller.
But MotionInJoy doesn't work on Windows 10.

Is the Six Axis a playstation one?
If you can find an old PS3 controller (should be dirt cheap now) you can download "Better DS3" and mimic xbox360 on windows 10. There is probably one for PS4 controllers also.

-P
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll be amazed if there's not some sort of Facebook integration very soon. Although, given that you need to type to use Facebook, and you can't see your keyboard when you have the HMD on, it'll be interesting to see how they implement this.

2EyeGuy
Adventurer

pjenness said:

Is the Six Axis a playstation one?
If you can find an old PS3 controller (should be dirt cheap now) you can download "Better DS3" and mimic xbox360 on windows 10. There is probably one for PS4 controllers also.

-P

Yes. It's the original version of the Dual Shock 3 before they added rumble.
I tried Better DS3. It doesn't work, because it depends on MotionInJoy drivers. MotionInJoy drivers can't be installed on Windows 10 because they are not signed. There are no signed drivers for emulating an Xbox 360 controller, despite it being so obviously necessary.

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer

notsram said:

I'll be amazed if there's not some sort of Facebook integration very soon. Although, given that you need to type to use Facebook, and you can't see your keyboard when you have the HMD on, it'll be interesting to see how they implement this.

In theory... LITERALLY in theory if you add 4 leds to the sides of your keyboard, you could track it and see it in vr... is saw something like that on some kickstarter gloves with "led strips" 
Only problem is, if the webcam can't "distinct" the oculus led from the keyboard leds, you will screw up the tracking u.u

maxx11111
Adventurer
a way to run non Home apps inside Home

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer

maxx11111 said:

a way to run non Home apps inside Home

You mean like the "ad a non steam game" option?
Yeah, it will be cool and probably easy...

Boondawgle
Explorer
I would like to be able to customize the categories that my own purchases are put in. Ultimately I found myself scrolling through endless pages on the gear and I will eventually have too many apps here as well. It would be nice to be able to use your own background - maybe pull pictures from the 360 picture application. I am baffled why they don't give you 360 views of the applications before purchasing - does not have to have actual game play but still shots at a reasonable average resolution. Full video would be great. As far as I can tell, I think it is possible to bring outside games into home but I have not spent the time figuring it out. For now I am just launching my own games directly (nothing special but learning unity) and it usually works. I did have to enable the outside content switch which is no big deal. I have found Steam interface very difficult to understand but I am guessing that is my problem - I need to get used to it and it seems like the touch controllers will eventually make it easier. I also might like an audio player to hook into my music library that would continue to play while the applications are running.