Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, just to talk, lets imagine "how we wish the Oculus Home to be"

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
Lets make a list of the stuff we want, I really hope to have:

-VR forum/chat
-Demo version for each game (even just some vr "screencaps" of the game are ok in my opinion)
-Refound policy... at this point everybody have it, and due to the nature of VR, i think this is a "must have" for oculus or they really rick to have all oculus owners buying from steam, since we can easly use the rift on steam games.
-vive/other HMD compatibility... simply let vive users be able to use the oculus store and buy/play game here too, steam did that, be smart and to that too oculus u.u

am i missing something? 🙂
34 REPLIES 34

Synthetic
Rising Star
for oculus home store NOT to write restrict files

aiaustin
Expert Protege
Wow.. these games, VR experiencs and simple short demos or (likely) single view films are enormous disc space gobblers. Farlands is 7.5GB! That's GB!! They are rapidly filling my SSD drives... even spreading things out usng Oculus Home for some and Steam with its multiple game location faclity for others.

3DByte
Explorer
Possibility to set IPD for DK2 owners 😕

aiaustin
Expert Protege

1. Ability to recenter view direction after putting on headset and getting positioned.

2. Ability to at any time recenter viewpoint when it gets off center for whatever reason.

3. Ability to set multiple locations for app download and installs to spread the load. Current default used unless changed.

4. A lightweight way to preview an app or use it briefly to see if its any use.

5. Much better fire effect in the "Home" lounge versus the current 15cm cubes (on DK2 anyway). It does not currently look stylish like the tree leaves do... it just looks like some rendering failure. 

6. Ability to adjust IPD for DK2 as others have suggested.

7. Ability to suppress/show the text bar warning that DK2 is not going to be supported in the Home lounge. Once we have seen it, we do not normally need that stuck in front of our faces constantly.

8. Ability to add and launch apps and downloaded VR experiences to a category in the Home menu, so that you can launch within VR rather than returning to the 2D desktop to launch them.

9. Simple use of some keyboard mapping for "Return to Home" and basic selection, so that if the Xbox controller is not connected you can still do basics.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
for me the most important things have to be,

1) cross platform online support for games which are also on other stores (not sure who is at "fault" here)
2) support for vive (again not sure who is responsible for this)
3) ability to add external games into the front end and integrate them tidily into your home screen
4) multiple control methods, not everyone wants to use pad all the time
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

pjenness
Rising Star

2EyeGuy said:

pjenness said:

Is the Six Axis a playstation one?
If you can find an old PS3 controller (should be dirt cheap now) you can download "Better DS3" and mimic xbox360 on windows 10. There is probably one for PS4 controllers also.

-P

Yes. It's the original version of the Dual Shock 3 before they added rumble.
I tried Better DS3. It doesn't work, because it depends on MotionInJoy drivers. MotionInJoy drivers can't be installed on Windows 10 because they are not signed. There are no signed drivers for emulating an Xbox 360 controller, despite it being so obviously necessary.

UM....Im using my DS3 on win10.  Use the DS3 (motion joy) tool first to load the driver, then use better DS3 to create the xbox profile.

Maybe this may help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5cF7x9cJ9w

Good luck

Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

jimmytango
Honored Guest
What I want to have:
- Customizable trophy room
- Purchase virtual cupboard or shelves to display
- Makes trophy/achievement meaningfull. Rare trophy should be big and spectacular
- Robot maid to arrange my trophy when I'm feeling lazy
- Social. Setting up a party (like PSN party) should use host trophy room as lobby.

NokiBE
Explorer
the only thing in the oculus home i want to have is more custom options in the CV1 'room'

1- get rid of the white so you have less pixelation
2- be more colorfull so point 1 gets avoided

Antimorian
Explorer
Well one thing i want in the store that you can actually delete stuff in your library.

or make the option findable, almost as confusing as Facebook xD

Roaster
Rising Star
A clock.
Could even be like The Lab with things to do.
Second vote for Organize Items in Library.
Set or Reset height.
Couple of babes in the pool. (I hope nobody at Oculus fainted at the thought)
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu