cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CV1] Audio in "Oculus Video" is playing on speakers, not on headphones

Conz
Explorer
Playing videos in the "Oculus Video" App has an audio output problem. The audio of the videos (Facebook, vimeo, twitch) is playing on my speakers, not on the CV1 headphones.
The menu sounds are ok, only the output from the video is wrong.
Oculus home -> settings -> Devices -> Rift Headset -> VR Audio Output is set to "Rift Headphones".
I can't find any settings for this in the video app.
Someone with the same problem?
Any ideas how to fix this?
13 REPLIES 13

przecinek
Rising Star
Weird bug indeed.

- Seems you accidentally posted this in "Games and Apps" instead of "Support" 🙂

Conz
Explorer
Oh, maybe a Mod could move this to support, please?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I moved it. 
Also, can you get me the log zip created by "OculusLogGatherer.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics"? Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Conz
Explorer
Thank you Cyber, have sent the log as PM.

kingschiebi
Protege
+1
ran into the same issue as well - only workaround is to set the default windows audio device to the Rift Headset

Conz
Explorer
Problem is not solved with the Rift 1.3.1 Update. 😞

Conz
Explorer
I have upgraded my system from Win7 to Win10.
Issue with audio is the same.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you tell me the version number of Oculus Video? You can find this by right-clicking the icon in the Oculus app and choosing "Details" then scroll down to "Version + Release Notes". Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Conz
Explorer
The Version is 0.14.1