cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is DK2 now completly not working anymore with the newest runtime?

bgzero
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

so i have been having issues with a not working DK2 tonight. yellow light were on, partial connectivity status in the oculus home settings as usual, but didnt start it up the way it should. also i couldnt start any games as it gave me an error message that i should check my hdm and sensor connection.
So after trying arround a bunch of things i uninstalled and reinstalled oculus home (and the drivers) and now comes the interesting part: It worked fine again, but then it said that it has to install an update. Hit that button, it installed a newer runtime and now its not working again reacting in exact the same way as befor.

so my question is quite obvious: has DK2 already completly stoped working after only one runtime update? i shure freaking hope not!
28 REPLIES 28

Melhadf
Protege
If oculus don't want the DKs working then install 0.8 and join us in SteamVR land.

bgzero
Honored Guest
Im sorry but i have to bump this again. Although Cybereality asked me to send my Logs i havent got any further answer to my problem. And it seems like there are not alot of people having this issue. Does anyone have a clue what else i could do?
I tried switching usb ports too, but i only have 2 usb3 ports on my computer. I tried the usb2 ports as well though, but had no success.

one thing that might be worth a note: when i try to launch elite dangerous via steamVR it runs in windowed mode on my normal monitor but with face tracking enabled. So even that works fine.

comixcroz
Expert Protege
They really need to make sure the DK2s work (at the very least) until anyone can instantly get a CV1 at their whim.  I'm talking walk into a Bestbuy and buy one in stock off of the shelf.  Otherwise, it's just plain wrong.  

Dreamwriter
Rising Star

weasel47 said:

I updated earlier and then used my DK2 afterwards.  When I saw this thread, I tried again.  I would see a flash of white in the lenses and then they would go dark.  It happened a few times.  I restarted the service and tried again, and this time it worked.  It's definitely behaving a little differently than it did before the update.

That could be a physical problem with your DK2. My old DK2 has problems like that - in my case, sometimes when it turns on it's a white static-filled screen that gets brighter and brighter until I shut it off before it burns its pixels out. Then I try again and it works, though occasionally it does the same thing again. A friend of mine's DK2 does the white static screen but his doesn't get brighter.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've got 1.3.1, it's working fine on my DK2 so far.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

tepescovir
Protege
It works fine, just not with anything that used to work before the update, cant get hal life 2 , portal etc to work anymore as it just launches the oculus home instead of actually playing

Khiu
Protege
I've got the same issue.
At first I wasn't able to get it to work with my USB ports either, but after removing the a/c adapter and plugging it back in after the blue leds went on it worked for me (not very stable though). I guess this is problem only occurs for certain USB hardware or drivers, unfortunately I'm not able to send logs right now. I'll do that when I get home.

Newsboy
Honored Guest
I'm getting the HMD working but no positional tracking as the camera is just not lighting up (despite it showing as fine in the Device Manager). Everything worked yesterday but I did have a big Windows 10 update today.

Khiu
Protege
What motherboard and USB hardware do you all have?
I've got an Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard and my USB3 controllers are Etron EJ168. Im going to try installing their drivers when I get home. I'm currently on Windows 10 default drivers.
If that doesn't work I'm going to try the beta AMD drivers for my GPU.

flexodood
Honored Guest
no chance.... previous versions worked fine. oculus home just connects to sensor. hmd usb and hdmi searching....