cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing CV1 fails

greengiant83
Sightseer
After it finishes downloading the 800 mb setup it pops up a screen saying there was a problem and to restart my computer. I have tried this about half a dozen times. I am on Windows 10 Pro with better than the recommended specs. Anyone else have a problem getting the install to work?
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try disabling anti-virus.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

greengiant83
Sightseer
No luck there.

tryum
Honored Guest
Check the log in your "%App_Data%/temp/Oculus", or something like that, it will give information on which part fail.

I had similar issues where the VS2015 C++ redist failed to install du to other version already installed. I manually removed them in win10 control panel, and the ones shipped with oculus home to be sure.

Then I could restart the setup (had to redownload the 800Mb packages :/) and finnish the installation. 

greengiant83
Sightseer
Awesome. Thanks, man. I will give this a shot. I was hoping there would be a log dump somewhere

greengiant83
Sightseer
Yup. It was the same thing for me. Just had to uninstall the vc++ 2015 stuff and then retry oculus install

alfuhrmann
Honored Guest
If you look in your C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Temp folder, you will probably find a bunch of .log files with the modification time close to the last failed instal.
In my case I got an "dd_vcredist_amd64_20160407163356.log" File regarding the installation of the bundled VC redistributable.
It showed an error in the last lines:
[15FC:0ED4][2016-04-07T16:33:56]i007: Exit code: 0x666, restarting: No
This was because my installed redistributable was NEWER than the on from Oculus, which the braindead installer interpreted as a failure:
[15FC:0B88][2016-04-07T16:33:56]e000: Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed.
So I deinstalled the latest update of "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable ..." and, lo and behold!, everything installed fine!

Oculus: Please check if a non-zero installation return code ACTUALLY MEANS AN ERROR!

MrKaktus
Explorer
Or maybe simply check if it's not installed already before running Redists Setup...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Uninstalling the latest Visual Studio 2015 64-bit C++ redistributable worked for me too. It got me past the endless cycle of "setup; click; click; wait ANOTHER 10 seconds for the infuriating health and safety warning; wait two minutes for the 800 MB dowload; wait one more second; FAIL; reboot; repeat...". I spent a couple of hours in that particular circle of Hell yesterday. I suspect this problem will become more common, as people continue to install recently built Visual Studio based applications on their computers.

VonSoot
Honored Guest
Well I've spent hours today messing with failed installs for games like Eve and Elite, etc. Glad I spent hundreds of dollars on these games I can't install...