cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home (SDK 1.3) and DK1

zoost
Explorer
I would like to receive some help and/or pointers from fellow DK1 owners as to how to get a DK1 to work with the new Oculus Home (SDK 1.3). I came as far as the Oculus Home application recognizing my DK1 as a HMD and recognizing my PS3 controller as a valid controller, but it is not allowing me to play because it want to detect a tracking sensor as well. Installing the apps also all wend fine.

Does anybody have got the DK1 to work with the new Oculus Home?
Is there a way to tell the Oculus Home to ignore the fact that there is no tracking device?

Please do not clutter this thread with remarks about buying the CV1 and/or DK2. I understand that that will be the better solution.
69 REPLIES 69

Melhadf
Protege
My pleasure @Mindweaver.  I highly recommend Apollo 11 VR.  All the angles are perfect for the DK1 so nothing is really lost either.

Mindweaver
Explorer
@Melhadf yea, I played an early build of Apollo 11 VR and it was amazing. I'm going to pick it up as well. I bought Space Bit Attack last night and it's really good. I'm going to pick up CDF Starfighter tonight or tomorrow. I really want to buy Eve Gunjack, but I need someone to confirm that the xbox controller works with it. I've tried all the Vive free stuff and everything plays and has tracking, but I can't do anything with out the vive controllers.

Melhadf
Protege
I may have bought Gunjack, so that's another non-CV1 game us DK1 users can play 😄

It works fine with the 360 pad, though a couple of the controls are slightly different from the prompts.... I put a post on the steam forum with the differences.  Let me know how CDF is, I've been eyeing it up since release.

jmalinowski83
Honored Guest
Hey guys can any of y'all help me figure out how to play half-life 2 in steam VR where it's like actual Vr and not sitting in a room with a giant screen VR . I'm on 8 runtime thanks

Mindweaver
Explorer

Melhadf said:

I may have bought Gunjack, so that's another non-CV1 game us DK1 users can play 😄

It works fine with the 360 pad, though a couple of the controls are slightly different from the prompts.... I put a post on the steam forum with the differences.  Let me know how CDF is, I've been eyeing it up since release.

Thanks man! I bought Gunjack after reading you bought it and it's really good for $9.99. We need to get together a list somewhere with what stuff works for DK1 with SteamVR. I bought CDF and it's not good.. It works but the whole control system can't be reconfigured. I've requested a refund from Steam. I'll pick it up when they are finished with it. I've been playing ED and it will tide me over.

Hey guys can any of y'all help me figure out how to play half-life 2 in steam VR where it's like actual Vr and not sitting in a room with a giant screen VR . I'm on 8 runtime thanks

Go here

charlie177
Protege
Any news on this issue?

I'm a DK1 only developer and I don't know what's going on with Oculus share, is all the demos being moved the new 'Oculus concepts' or is it restricted?

jon
Heroic Explorer
Any chance using the last pre-1.0 SDK with OpenVR through Steam works?

edit: Nevermind, I see someone made the same suggestion on page 2.  That'll learn me.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, as far as I've heard, DK1 is not supported any longer. I can certainly ask the team if this is something simple that can be fixed, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Mindweaver
Explorer

Sorry, as far as I've heard, DK1 is not supported any longer. I can certainly ask the team if this is something simple that can be fixed, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Thanks.

Thanks cybereality! If it's something easy to add back that would be great. A lot of us are stuck with only a dk1 until we get our CV1... It's frustrating to see people using Deepoon E2 with v1.3 and it lacks positional tracking as well and here I am with a development kit that doesn't work with the latest sdk. Oh and to make things worse.. The Deepoon E2 users told me I was ugly and I can't read good..

Jarom
Explorer
So DK1 and 0.8 still work with SteamVR so many of the VR games are still playable via that. Not gonna lie when I say I feel rather confused when Valve is treating Oculus users better than Oculus. Of course DK1 was pre-facebook time so perhaps DK1 is no longer considered first-party hardware. It makes things like this seem pretty reasonable when generally I don't condone such blatant hacking.

Edit: I should add that I have tried the linked hack to play Lucky's Tale on DK1. Nothing showed on the headset but tracking worked so I scaled up the resolution on my TV via the registry, rubberbanded my headset to my controller and played it like a wii game and it worked alright. Nothing spectacular or worth the effort but it did work.