FlyInside CV1 Support - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

FlyInside CV1 Support

Comments

• jstjst Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    "Flight sims in general attract a very niche group a select group who are probably the MOST keen gamers of all"

You hit the nail on the head! where will most flight simmers be in 5 years time? Still using P3D, DCS, X-Plane where will most first person shooters be, who knows probably moved on not into gaming any more or moved onto another game and so on. The sad thing about this request is that no one is asking Oculus to do anything but just answer a developers attempt to communicate!
  • glenglen Posts: 16
    Agreed, come on Oculus please do something.

The OP's website is https://flyinside-fsx.com/
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 605
    Art3mis
    They can't provide anyone with the SDK required until March 28th, simple.
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
  • MicuMicu Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    richhard1 wrote:

...O...really ???

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/rift- ... -hardware/
    Art3mis
    Micu wrote:
    richhard1 wrote:

...O...really ???

This is for newly released apps, FlyInsideFSX has been released for quite some time already.
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
    Brain Burst
    richhard1 wrote:
    Micu wrote:
    richhard1 wrote:

...O...really ???

This is for newly released apps, FlyInsideFSX has been released for quite some time already.

...you do not know what are you talking about, ...are you ? :!:
    Art3mis
    "Do you" not "are you". And yes I do know what I'm talking about.

Newly submitted experiences 'not yet' on the marketplace had to be submitted/uploaded to oculus for perusal, oculus then categorize and test it, if it fits release standards, oculus send out a CV1 to the prospective developer.
  • enzeddaenzedda Posts: 143
    richhard1 wrote:
    "Do you" not "are you". And yes I do know what I'm talking about.

Newly submitted experiences 'not yet' on the marketplace had to be submitted/uploaded to oculus for perusal, oculus then categorize and test it, if it fits release standards, oculus send out a CV1 to the prospective developer.

Yes. This is correct! Check Oculus. They may change their mind but all the info. points to what richard1 mentions.
    FSX is not a "new to marketplace" as are many of the "games" that folk here are going nuts about.. ED for instance... :)
    Keen as mustard and mad as hell...BUT certainly not "new to market place."

Anyway as all the bugs and updates and what-have-you that plague FSX inj both W7 and W10 have "apparently" been fixed and as Flyinside has no problems at all with the .8 version of the Oculus software then (phew) maybe FSX will work perfectly with the CV1 and version 1 of the OS?
  • glenglen Posts: 16
    The difference here is that CrazyNorman doesn't want a CV1 (although I am sure he wouldn't say no if one was offered), what he wants is information on version 1.0 of the SDK and preferably access to it.

Cyber you have looked at every other thread on this forum so I am guessing you look at this one as well, surely you can say something, even if it is no.

Glen
    Art3mis
    glen wrote:
    The difference here is that CrazyNorman doesn't want a CV1 (although I am sure he wouldn't say no if one was offered), what he wants is information on version 1.0 of the SDK and preferably access to it.

Cyber you have looked at every other thread on this forum so I am guessing you look at this one as well, surely you can say something, even if it is no.

Glen

And SDK 1.0 is no more, in fact its now SDK 1.1, soon to be 1.2 due to a few teething problems with the CV1, oculus have enough on their plate than to send out a broken SDK that probably isn't compatible with the DK2 any longer. I'm thinking the release of the CV1 is probably higher on their agenda right now.
    Brain Burst
    glen wrote:

Glen

...yes, but richhard knows better ! ;)
    Art3mis
    Please Micu :geek:
    I do suggest that Cyber gets in this post to follow up on his questioning, or at least PM's him a sufficient explanation.
    richhard1 wrote:
    Please Micu :geek:
    I do suggest that Cyber gets in this post to follow up on his questioning, or at least PM's him a sufficient explanation.

That would be an exercise in futility, richhard :lol:

Maybe Micu should do as this guy has done:
    Brain Burst
    ...I can do a bit better than that!...but thank you for your suggestion! lol :D
  • Blue73Blue73 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    I have to agree with what others have said, FlyInside is by far the best VR experience I've had. Flying over Canyonlands or the Grand Canyon with photo-realistic scenery in an ultralight is an incredible experience. I've never spent so much time with my DK2.
  • zlzl Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Just adding in my two cents, flyinside is the BEST experience out there on DK2 right now, would be a huge shame not to have it ready on CV1
    For interest's sake. What do you think will be the most improved factor that you believe the CV1 will give you?

Obviously the DK2 and Flyinside/FSX give the BEST/greatest/ most wonderful experience etc etc... :roll:

So I guess that even if Flyinside is CV1 compatible what more will you be expecting?

What does the DK2 experience with Flyinside lack the most ?

Would you personally not purchase the CV1 if Flyinside could not be integrated with the CV1 and it's software?

Thanks
  • rotamirotami Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    gamefan101 wrote:
    FSX is far more than what it was when MS abandoned it due to enormous 3rd party support that continues to expand even in 2016.

There is a huge existing user base which has enormous ongoing investment in FSX, and a growing investment in Prepar3d (considered by some, to be FSX 2.0).

CrazyNorman has written a superb Rift DK2 integration for FSX and Prepar3D which breaths even more life into what is a hugely expanded flightsim platform.

FlyInside is one of the few fully functional Rift implementations available "right now" and should be considered a major showpiece for Oculus.

I do hope CrazyNorman gets the support he needs to bring CV1 to the flightsim enthusiast. (Myself included of course ;-)

Do I see a Kickstarter for a new Flight Simulator?
    We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.
  • HornetHornet Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have this:

and want CV1 :-)
  • rogueqdrogueqd Posts: 148
    Hiro Protagonist
    I haven't played FS-X for ages, but I'll definitely be getting it back out when my CV1 eventually arrives (June).

Also just adding another post to the thread in the hopes that a longer thread will get OP more attention.
  • MoeCappMoeCapp Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    Oculus, please fix this problem, FlyInside has been unquestionably one of the best experiences on DK2, and certainly one of the most widely praised. I'm actually slightly annoyed that there is any issue like this as it's one of the first things I'd planned to fire up on CV1.
    Art3mis
    Daniel, only another 10 days until you get the SDK you need pal. Let's hope it works with the DK2 ;)
  • I actually forgot to update this thread although I've posted elsewhere. Oculus was kind enough to get me SDK access and an updated headset a couple of weeks ago, the support is coming along very very nicely :D

Thank you all for your support, you're going to love FlyInside on CV1!
    Art3mis
    Nice! Congrats dude. Can't wait for my updated FlyInsideFSX Pro CV1 Edition :)
  • israelz74israelz74 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    For me this is the main event in our hobby. Been waiting for this for, how much? two years? Had DK2 and sold it. Am preparing the money for cv1, and software, and hardware... 

In short - Go Norman.

Just let know the community how to continue and support flyinside . And how to show Oculus how serious this community is, if that's needed.

I can't think of anything stopping this project,
    so let us all just wait for our new fantastic VR cockpits !

• KingK76KingK76 Posts: 257
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    Hey where is @enzedda? I want to hear his negative BS opinion on the fact that Oculus DID contact AND set up @CrazyNorman with the SDK and CV1. I guess he doesn't like eating crow.....
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,787 Valuable Player
    I can not wait to get my cv1 to get back to this. I simply cannot believe that anyone with experience of it in dk2 would have been anything other than supportive of getting it updated. It is without a doubt a system seller
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • aiaustinaiaustin Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    Latest version is FlyInside FSX 1.5... It's working great with Oculus 1.3 installed... and using the Steam FSX and FlyInside FSX loaded over that.
  • OccUpiedOccUpied Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    Agreed.. Flight simming is an awesome hobby..... how about FlyinsideXplane?  too:) My main use of OR will be flightsimming... not hardcore gaming.. Maybe some car driving stuff.. I've got my butt kicker ready too...Look forward to trying it on Christmas when my 8 minute preorder finally arrives.
  • charlypapacharlypapa Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    hi all,
    i just set up my brand new CV1 but after installing also flyinside 1.6 i am still not able to see anything of flyinside in my CV1. anybody knowing how to fix this?

thanks already
    claus