cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get a CV1 with a scratched lens?

orgcaptainnemo
Explorer
Hi everyone,

I noticed my CV1 has a scratched left lens.  I've had it less than a week and treated it like my most valuable possession, so I highly doubt I caused it.  I only noticed it after deciding I should probably clean the lenses, because a little dust settled on them.  Anyone else have this problem?  I contacted support but haven't heard back yet.

Here's a picture:
emkri0jryo2n.jpg
10 REPLIES 10

orgcaptainnemo
Explorer
You can actually see two scratches in that photo.  A dark one in the middle, and a lighter scuff mark on the lower right.

Zuh
Adventurer
Seems like everyone should have a close look on lenses when they will receive theirs rifts. On the other thread someone noticed lots of black dots on the lenses.

orgcaptainnemo
Explorer
What was the resolution?

reforse
Honored Guest
Whilst waiting for my DK2 I ordered lens covers from ebay and put them on both sets of lenses before i even tried the headset on.

cybereality
Grand Champion
My home (Kickstarter) unit looks fine, but I did have some slight scratches on my work headset (maybe cause I've been using it for longer). To be honest, the scratches are only noticeable if I hold the headset in my hands and shine a flashlight into the lenses. Through normal usage, they are not a problem or noticeable at all. I wouldn't really worry about it unless it's affecting your ability to use the product.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

orgcaptainnemo
Explorer
@cybereality I tend to agree, but when you pay $600+ for a piece of hardware it should arrive without any issues. Ya know?

Dchapzx
Protege
Is there a way to get replacement parts from oculus or somewhere else ????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I also received the package with the left lens missing the protective foil from it and scratched. Sent it back, they sent me an other one, surprise: this one also was missing the protector from the left lens! Luckily, I don't see any scratches on it...