New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone else get a CV1 with a scratched lens?

Hi everyone,

I noticed my CV1 has a scratched left lens.  I've had it less than a week and treated it like my most valuable possession, so I highly doubt I caused it.  I only noticed it after deciding I should probably clean the lenses, because a little dust settled on them.  Anyone else have this problem?  I contacted support but haven't heard back yet.

Here's a picture:

Tagged:

Answers

• You can actually see two scratches in that photo.  A dark one in the middle, and a lighter scuff mark on the lower right.
  • ZuhZuh Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    Seems like everyone should have a close look on lenses when they will receive theirs rifts. On the other thread someone noticed lots of black dots on the lenses.
  • What was the resolution?
  • reforsereforse Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Whilst waiting for my DK2 I ordered lens covers from ebay and put them on both sets of lenses before i even tried the headset on.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    My home (Kickstarter) unit looks fine, but I did have some slight scratches on my work headset (maybe cause I've been using it for longer). To be honest, the scratches are only noticeable if I hold the headset in my hands and shine a flashlight into the lenses. Through normal usage, they are not a problem or noticeable at all. I wouldn't really worry about it unless it's affecting your ability to use the product.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • @cybereality I tend to agree, but when you pay $600+ for a piece of hardware it should arrive without any issues. Ya know?
  • DchapzxDchapzx Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is there a way to get replacement parts from oculus or somewhere else ????
  • mBardos76mBardos76 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yes, I also received the package with the left lens missing the protective foil from it and scratched. Sent it back, they sent me an other one, surprise: this one also was missing the protector from the left lens! Luckily, I don't see any scratches on it...
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,070 Valuable Player
    Had my rift over a year. At 1st tried using glasses etc etc etc I have all kinds of scratches and marks but in the vr world it's totally clear.