cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETS2 and ATS 1.3 update now live on Steam

Bloodlet
Rising Star
I haven't tried it yet as I'm off to work but Steam just updated my Euro Truck and the forum says it's for Oculus 1.3 and Vive support.

Launch option for Oculus is "-oculus"
Launch option for Vive is "-openvr"

Enjoy :smiley: 
7 REPLIES 7

bigmike20vt
Visionary
excellent... this, Fly inside FSX and Elite dangerous are my main VR big hitters which took 80% of my VR game time on my DK2.

just need assetto corsa now 🙂

For such a small dev SCS's support of VR has been nothing short of outstanding.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

thanks for the heads-up... popping over to Steam now!

Conz
Explorer
Doesn't work for me.
I have tried it with the 1.23 openbeta with "-oculus".

On the screen the distorted stereo images are there, but not in the Rift CV1.
In the Rift I have only the oculus home.

Which version do you have to install? The 1.23 beta, the oculus-version, or the normal ETS2?

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
oculus - Experimental Oculus support (1.3.0)- 1.22

Just tried and confirmed working. Selected Experimental Oculus Support (1.3.0) 1.22 from Betas and -oculus launch option.

Very very smooth, no judder whatsoever (from the London location), big improvement from previous version. Will try a Scandinavian location next as that was more juddery last time i tried

benplace
Rising Star
Can you try bumping up the graphics and see how it does?  I simply couldn't play this with default settings as everything at any distance looked like a jagged pile of crap...

@benplace, turning everything up to high, and frame rates drop, don't know if there's a frame rate display option in-game but I'd estimate around the 20 fps mark. Head tracking though is still 100% smooth on my PC so ATW is doing it's job well.

Returning everything to medium (except for a couple things like shadows which can only be set high or low) and I'd say frame rates were back to 40 - 50 fps. Again, for anyone not aware of ATW, lower than 90 fps in-game frame rates are not an issue provided headset head-tracking is maintained at 90 fps.