cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 12th Update

ECBL
Protege
Perhaps it's a sick thing to joke about, but could you imagine if we all got the 4/12 update tomorrow with an email notification that all our orders were being cancelled?  

"Dear Joe Blow,
Due to your recent complaints on the Oculus Forums, we have cancelled your order.  Mutha fudga, fudge yoself and get the fudge out"  

XD
25 REPLIES 25

ECBL
Protege
@galopin congrats man! I know you're excited, as I've seen you post this announcement elsewhere lol.
I can't wait for the day that I can feel the same!

But yea I have a feeling the reality of tomorrow's update will be somewhere in between the worst case and best case scenarios.

MasterShadow
Protege

Wihglah said:

What there should be:

1) This is the problem

2) It has effected shipping by this much

3) Your specific order is now scheduled for DD/MM/YY delivery

4) Sry. Rift is awesome. Sry

This should have been communicated a long time ago with daily updates.

water_
Adventurer

It would be difficult for any company in Oculus' situation to predict the exact day such a large quantity of backordered items would ship to every specific customer, especially items that have not even been manufactured yet.

Its a lose-lose situation even if they tried. They would get no reward for shipping early and being late by even a day would bring hundreds of hate posts all over the internet.

kzintzi
Trustee

water_ said:

....especially items that have not even been manufactured yet.

except that we pre-ordered 3 months ago... it's not like they didn't know this was coming... they have been dangling the release in front of us for months prior to the "pre-order"s opening so it's not like they didn't know how many they needed to ship.

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

CaptainDangerou
Protege
27xxx order # checking in.  I received a charge of $599 today on my CC and just received tracking #

Hope everyone gets good news tomorrow 🙂

water_
Adventurer

How the heck does the quote work here? I click on it and it does nothing.

@kzintzi My point was that the people expecting them to give everyone an exact ship date are going to be disappointed. I'm not going to argue over the logistics of producing hundreds of thousands (millions?) of units of a new technology in just 3 months time.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@water_ Quote should work on desktop (needs to be fixed on mobile). However, it doesn't auto-scroll you to the bottom of the page. So you sometimes have to click quote once, and then scroll to the bottom and look at the post box. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Felixm477
Expert Protege
if you check your order page it will now tell you the estimated ship window, i went from May to end of June 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Felixm477 said:

if you check your order page it will now tell you the estimated ship window, i went from May to end of June 😞

Lucky you!! With Roadrunner as my email provider, and ALL the problems that us Roadrunner customers are having with the Oculus train wreck support service(emails), I don't even get the bad(expired) links anymore to even have a .001% to even look at my order. Just keeps getting better and better.....  

edmg
Trustee

Felixm477 said:

I went from July to the end of July, so I presume most of the impact is on the people who ordered earlier.

Either way, guess I'll be playing with my Vive for a few months before the Rift arrives... if HTC get their act together.