Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Combat Simulator and Oculus DK2 - how to get it working

MarkusA380
Explorer
21 REPLIES 21

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
It's fairly simple setting up DCS to be honest, it's a case of just ticking Oculus in the DCS settings and reducing visibility and shadows to medium to get better FPS. The rest of things you mention are to do with the oculus config for any game outside of the Oculus Store. I guess this will help someone if all they do is play DCS though, so good that you have taken your time to post this.

em4mars
Honored Guest
I did exactly as stated above and DCS always starts on my monitor - any ideas?

Thanks,

Mars

MarkusA380
Explorer
@em4mars:
Did you test any game with the DK2 in Oculus Home?
If yes, are you sure you have the Autodetect Tickbox checked in DCS?
Also the unknown sources setting in Oculus Home enabled?
Also, tried rebooting?

MarkusA380
Explorer
@lovethis I know this guide is quite specific. But with 1.3 support in DCS being released recently, it is quite necessary, because there is no comment on how to get it working from the devs.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

em4mars said:

Thanks,

Mars

Also, the 2.0 NTTR map doesn't work, it's just 1.5 atm.

@Markus, it's a good guide.

MarkusA380
Explorer

lovethis said:

em4mars said:

Thanks,

Mars

Also, the 2.0 NTTR map doesn't work, it's just 1.5 atm.

@Markus, it's a good guide.

Okay, ill add a note about 2.0 compatibility.
Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found it helpful to have a few tips for DCS in VR - thank you!  I couldn't remember how to re-center view so I felt like a 4 year old without a booster seat. 🙂

Physicon
Honored Guest
I also can't get it working.  Other games work on DK2 from Oculus Home.  DCS version 1.5.3.520018.  The check box is selected for allowing other games in Home and auto detect Oculus Rift in DCS.  Always shows up on my monitor.  Many reboots, validated game files through Steam.  Current Nvidia Drivers.  Nothing will get it to flip over to the rift.  Very strange.  I was in the DCS beta program and have opted out of that as well.

em4mars
Honored Guest
Physicon - I have same DCS version. I have done a reinstall of DCS and still no joy. Out of curiosity what add-ons do you have? I have F-86, A-10C, F-15 and Su-27. I also use Tacview and SimShaker. Do you use any of these? I wonder if one interferes...

I am re-downloading the DCS files from Steam again and have uninstalled Tacview. I will let you know how it goes...

I was in the Beta program on Steam and have gleaned from other forums that both the beta and standard use the same code at the moment.

If you get it working please let me know and I will do the same...

Mars

Edit - what windows are you on? I am on 7