cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Actually Happy about April 12th Update?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I got the mail and frankly I've got more info than I had before. Previously the only info I had was an estimated May shipment but at least now I have an exact shipping period which if Oculus can stick to is all good. (I am UK 32 btw).

My shipping is now 30th May - 9th June. Which means at least I now know and can relax. On the flip side my Vive order is crap. It's a vague April estimated with no actual date, my CC was charged then returned, the customer services have no info other than it will be charged again once it's shipping. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
37 REPLIES 37

JettStiles
Adventurer
Well, I am glad to have an actualy shipping estimate...yes. Unfortunately once again the word "estimate" is in there.

On the other side: I'm pissed off that my currently estimated shipping date is more than two months behind the original date - also at the lack of information given by Oculus through this whole process (starting from way before the preoder actually began) and at the lies, bullshit and half-truths told to us by Palmer and his "minions".

Luckily for them they have the best product on the market at this point so sadly they'll get away with it.
Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor

JakemanOculus
Heroic Explorer
I'm indifferent.  My shipping window is tightened up.  No payment yet.

This just gives me more time to hope that Pascal starts shipping.  I will be buying the best video card before my Rift arrives.  Hopefully it's a Pascal.

Trisk
Protege

Luckily for them they have the best product on the market at this point so sadly they'll get away with it.

Uh, No. Vive's strengths are a whole new world in VR, CV1 is just iterative. I would have agreed with you until I got my Vive. Now there's no question for me that it's better.
Alienware 17 R3 w/ 2160p monitor Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Boost @ 3.5GHz 16GB RAM, 64 bit Win10 Nvidia GeForce 980ti DK1, DK2, CV1 order w/in 30 sec. of sale. Vive order w/ in 5 min. of sale. PSVR soon. Fanatec Clubsport V2 wheel, pedals and shifter

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone know delivery time for Vive if I order today? can't find anywhere only that it's in stock.

NickytheHutt
Expert Protege
Vive is estimated "June" on the pre-order check out page. 

vrmower
Heroic Explorer
I'm happy.  Waiting to see what GPU lineup looks like anyway - delay gives more time to decide whether to go /w rift.

Ochulus
Honored Guest

My shipment was marked for April, and now I find myself in the same boat, end of May, 1st week in June???

Seriously?

I would have accepted end of April but this is ridiculous, I would be very pleased to have a rep from Oculus contact me to discuss, I am looking at potentially 2 months to 10 weeks of a delay now?

Ridiculous

Chassit
Heroic Explorer
Palmer Luckey is happy. He promised an update and made an update. Now he comes off clean.

Darkshade
Protege
Very happy - My Rift is due to arrive tomorrow.