cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tilted view

kingschiebi
Protege
Hi,

I notice that the default view plane within the CV1 is tilted to the left for me, as if there was a sensor reporting gravitational force wrong. The angle seems small, but still noticeable even in the default menu where the horizon line does not match up with the real world horizon.

I looked at some of the logs, but did not find anything indicating an error. Also unplugged the headset, plugged it into different ports on the other GPU, switched USB and reinstalled the software as well as recalibrated it.
Also tried moving the sensor camera around, but that does not seem to impact the horizon line rotation.

Maybe I am going crazy, but I am certain that the tilt was not present after the first setup.
Is there a way to do a full reset of the headset and/or force a firmware update or any other troubleshooting option that I may have missed?

Thanks!
160 REPLIES 160

Gargamel330
Honored Guest
I'm experiencing the same thing. Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

NATED066
Explorer
I have the same issue.  Help would be good

NATED066
Explorer
Even just the ability to manually set an offset would help

Steffen
Protege
What is not wrong with the rift these days, I sure hope it is still worth the wait until I get my rift.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm really sorry about this. It's an issue we are aware of, and it should be fixed in the next software release (coming around early next week timeframe). Please see if you can hold out a little longer. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

NATED066
Explorer
Thanks Cyber!

@Steffen... even with these minor issues, it is still DEFINITELY worth it!  I only notice the tilt in the main menu, never in an actual game or experience.

Steffen
Protege
@NATED066 Thanks good to know.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Steffen said:

What is not wrong with the rift these days, I sure hope it is still worth the wait until I get my rift.

Well...First of all, don't judge the reliability of a product by the amount of traffic in a place people only go to when it breaks...

gsparx
Honored Guest
Just wanted to note that I'm seeing the same behavior. Nice to know its a known software issue. Eagerly awaiting a fix.