cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install any games

Slam0Saurus
Sightseer
I've formatted my PC and am not using symlinks - everything should be installing straight to the default directory. Games download (slowly, we're talking 80kbps). When the download completes, Oculus Home will proceed to install the game/app, before going back to 'install' and will delete all downloaded files.

This is really frustrating. Anyone have any good solutions?
6 REPLIES 6

dinoroger
Adventurer
What OS? Are you running as an Administrator? If not sure try right-clicking the Oculus app and choosing start as administrator. Also do you have plenty of hard drive space on drive C?

Slam0Saurus
Sightseer
I'm on Windows 10 and have been running as administrator. Space wise I have 60gb free.

Slam0Saurus
Sightseer
I've gone through the log and Oculus Home seems to think that Eve Valkyrie succeeded installing.
03:37:14.377 {INFO}    [PackageManager] Package ccp-games-newcastle-eve-valkyrie_assets finished installing. Success? true
Unfortunately it just starts trying to download the whole 5.54gb again.

Greenfire32
Heroic Explorer

Space wise I have 60gb free.

Not sure about the other issues, but you'll need to fix this ASAP as you don't have enough space for much. Games these days can run between 20-60gbs alone.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you provide these log files? 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

sh0v0r
Protege

I've formatted my PC and am not using symlinks - everything should be installing straight to the default directory. Games download (slowly, we're talking 80kbps). When the download completes, Oculus Home will proceed to install the game/app, before going back to 'install' and will delete all downloaded files.

This is really frustrating. Anyone have any good solutions?

Even worse is that if you browse the folder you'll find the downloaded data still there but it will still re-download it.