cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a sweet spot?

Karmeck
Explorer
Why can't all of the lens be a sweet spot? Why not just make the sweet spot bigger and cover up the blurry part?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FingerMcPokeye
Heroic Explorer
My understanding (which could be wrong) as illustrated in a janky mspaint diagram...

8p7iezz5966d.png

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

marikcraven
Expert Protege
Optic technology would have to come a long way as it's just physics and that's how lens work. Lucky has said that he is interested in coming up with new ways/technology for optics from what I've gathered. So hopefully in the future. 

Karmeck
Explorer
Why not do what they do now but bigger.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Karmeck said:

It's easy!  You just change the gravitational constant of the universe.

Greenfire32
Heroic Explorer

TwoHedWlf said:

Karmeck said:

It has to do with physics and how light works. In order to do what they're doing now, but bigger, they have to...well...go bigger....

Which sort of defeats the whole "comfort" thing...

marikcraven
Expert Protege

TwoHedWlf said:

Karmeck said:

It has to do with physics and how light works. In order to do what they're doing now, but bigger, they have to...well...go bigger....

Which sort of defeats the whole "comfort" thing...

Must figure out a way to strap two 4k monitors near face. Using two 65" from about a foot away. Think I've got it.........*neck snaps off.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This reminds me of a time when someone I knew asked, "why can't the government just print everyone a million dollars, we would all be rich?!"

I didn't even answer, just stared, then changed the subject; from then on, I slowly stopped hanging around that person.

LZoltowski
Champion
Even glasses have a sweet spot, try looking at the edge of your glasses while looking forward. You will get a lot of chromatic aberration and distortion. Its how optics work .. concave/convex etc ... there is a sweet spot. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
@TwoHedWlf  +1000 for TNG and Q refference
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
I am actually interested how this technology --- https://www.avegant.com/ could be implemented in a VR headset. It projects the image directly into your retina using millions of mirrors. People have reported the inability to see pixels in those things.

Be kind to one another 🙂