cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Framerate is horrible + screen tearing. Seems like something is wrong.

Jasperpt
Sightseer
I just got my CV1 and installed everything. Drivers are up to date computer seems fine.
But inside the oculus the frame rate is completely horrible, the tracking is laggy and the lines seem to not match up when I move my head.

It feels as if the thing is running at about 10% power or something.

My computer spec should be fine. not sure what is going on, has anyone else experienced this?

My computer checks out as VR ready on my Nvidea geforce experience pannel as well.

Here are my specs - 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
8 GB of RAM
Windows 10 64-bit

18 REPLIES 18

LZoltowski
Champion
@Stelzer  yeah I get around 11k +/- 100 on my OC GTX 970
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Jose
Heroic Explorer
I think I'm having a similar problem as the OP with a kind of double vision that happens when I move my head around. It actually only happens after using Rift for a while, and it goes away temporarily when I press the Xbox button to go to the "grey menu" and then exit it. It's like going into the gray menu resets something and then everything is fine for a little while. It's a bit annoying that I have to do that every few minutes in order to maintain a fluid visual experience.

I have the same CPU as OP, i5 4690k. It's on an h97 msi motherboard with 8gb of RAM. EVGA GTX 970. Relatively fresh installation of Windows 10.

Jasperpt
Sightseer
hmmm. that is odd.

I have nothing that I can see running taking up GPU other than oculus VR which is sitting at 1,336 mb.

Jasperpt
Sightseer
I will try to clean install my Graphics drivers

LZoltowski
Champion
@Jasperpt do you have any screen sharing apps on? Any screen recorders? Any desktop extenders, virtual display emulators? etc?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Qazjax
Protege
If they are not already, plug your HDMI directly into your graphics card, and your USB3's directly into your motherboard.  No adapters, extenders, hubs, nothing.

Jasperpt
Sightseer
I do but not running.

Jasperpt
Sightseer
Ok. Now I feel like a total idiot. It was the HDMI. I had it plugged into the mutherboard and not the graphics card.

That is such a relief. I can not thank you guys enough for the help you have given here, seriously amazed at the rapid responses everyone gave. Much cudos to you all.

I feel genuinely bad that I wasted your time with something so stupid! gah!

But It has given me a lot of hope in the comunity, so thank you.

LZoltowski
Champion
@Jasperpt  hahaha, well done, happens to the best of us!

Be kind to one another 🙂