cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 is incredible!! Totally worth it. WOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
So this is the first time I've tried virtual reality and I'm completely blown away by it! It's the most incredible experience to feel like you're inside the virtual world. To look over the edge of of a tall building and not just see, but also feel that you're that high up. The dinosaur in dream deck! wow! lol. I instinctively moved my body back from it... haha. :')  sooo happy!

I never even noticed the FOV! All this talk about the FOV got me thinking it was less than I hoped for. But no way, this is so cool and will be a non-issue. I had noticed a small SDE at times, but it totally melts away and is hardly perceptible once you're in the experience - another non-issue and does not at all distract from the experience. This is an incredible headset, and we're only at the first consumer version. I really can't believe it... It has totally surpassed all my expectations, and I was totally hyped for this. They've totally delivered! Even the resolution is fine! (and I use a 4K monitor) 

Please don't be worried if you're still waiting for your CV1. It's truly the best experience I've had in a while. I've never seen anything or experienced anything like it ever before. The complaints imo are overblown.

Really, I don't have words to describe how happy I am with my purchase. The wait is totally worth it!!! Please don't worry about what some of the DK2 users say. This is really amazing.  

I think people always want more so there'll be complaints from people who've used the DK2, but to be honest, I think we mostly appreciate how far things have come by looking back at what we used. It's like looking back at old games and seeing the difference - we can appreciate it more. 

So that's it for now. No time for games just yet because I have work to do, but I just want to say how happy I am with my Rift.

Thank you Palmer! Thank you Oculus! 😄 

23 REPLIES 23

RobHermans
Superstar
Nice one, thanks for your enthusiasm!

meprtwo
Explorer
I just got mine yesterday and I have to say I'm completely impressed.  I did have DK1, so the jump to CV1 is ridiculous.  The immersion that comes with standing up, sitting down, moving side to side, and looking closer at details is amazing.  My favorite demo is really just the little toy city, planes fly around you, a fire is being fought, it's like a living toy set. 

I'm very pleased with my purchase as well.  Apparently 'God Rays' and 'FOV' really don't matter to me.  This is a great leap forward. 

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Great to hear, congrats on getting your Rift! Hopefully the next days & weeks will hurry up so I and, many many others can experience that same joy.

EliteSPA
Superstar
Cant wait to post my CV1 review! 

Enjoy your rift!
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

ElvisPresley
Explorer
I have a question..I am waiting on my Rift Bundle from Best Buy. My question is.. I have the Gear VR with the S7 phone which is a great experience in itself, how much better are the visuals in the Rift (as Ive never tried one). If you were to rate the two on a scale from 1-10..thanks so much for your feedback

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
It's times like these I love seeing first-time users getting to use the finished product. I got my DK1 back in the day in a not-quite-powerful enough computer but it still blew my mind and made me an instant believer. Jumping to DK2 had a LOT of great improvements, and now I'm anxiously waiting for CV1. Just think of the shock you DK1 kids would have if you never got to use it until the final version. I LOVE seeing people get the best of the best for their first time!
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Already can't wait to show it to my friends and family! I love it 😄 It's better than I imagined it would be. = ) 

Can't wait to play some games after I finish work!

LV426
Protege
Welcome to VR  B)  Nice to hear all the positive enthusiasm. 
Intel Core I7-3770K OC 4.2ghz Intel® High Performance Liquid Cooling MSI Z77A-GD65 Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 16GB Kingston HyperX SSD MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr. DK2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks so much for your support.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV