cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusSetup.exe says not enough space when space exists

sshirokov
Explorer
I can't get the installer past checking for space on my one and only drive C: in Windows 10 64bit. 

It claims I need 3.05GB, while I currently have 173GB Free.

I don't have any other drives in the system, and am not really sure what else to try.
48 REPLIES 48

sshirokov
Explorer
Attaching the `OculusSetup.log`

Khiu
Protege
Weird, you're getting a lot of file not found exceptions but it doesn't break on that.
[Error] [4/20/2016 11:59:15 PM] DeviceIoControl() failed with 0 bytes returned.  [0]

Seems to be the issue here. The only thing I can think of is that it bugs with raid configurations, do you have one?

Edit: The error doesn't really tell us a lot, maybe check the event viewer and see if it has more info.

sshirokov
Explorer
Seems to be the issue here. The only thing I can think of is that it bugs with raid configurations, do you have one?

I don't, but I apparently do have my one and only disk and volume configured as a Dynamic Disk and a Dynamic Volume, for what that's worth.

sbryant
Explorer
I also seem to be having this issue. I have disk disk drives with three volumes and the installer throws an exceptions when enumerating disk drives: 

Exception when enumerating drives

Shows up in my logs and I can't get the installer to detect any disks either.

bagomojo
Honored Guest
Yeah mine seems to be choking when enumerating drives..  Could it be that the partitions are GPT and not MBR?

[Error] [4/21/2016 8:20:11 PM] DeviceIoControl() failed with 0 bytes returned.  [0]
[Warning] [4/21/2016 8:20:11 PM] Exception when enumerating drives:
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   at Dawn.Win32.Kernel.IsInternal(DriveInfo driveInfo)
   at Dawn.DawnSession.ScanInstallLocationCandidates()
[Error] [4/21/2016 8:20:11 PM] DeviceIoControl() failed with 0 bytes returned.  [2]
[Warning] [4/21/2016 8:20:11 PM] Exception when enumerating drives:
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   at Dawn.Win32.Kernel.IsInternal(DriveInfo driveInfo)
   at Dawn.DawnSession.ScanInstallLocationCandidates()

sbryant
Explorer

bagomojo said:

Yeah mine seems to be choking when enumerating drives..  Could it be that the partitions are GPT and not MBR?

Yeah, all my disks are setup as a GPT 

sbryant
Explorer
There's been no progress on this issue 😞

sshirokov
Explorer
There's been no progress on this issue 

Same here. I also have no resolution in the support thread either.

Two different people have just asked for more information, one piece at a time, and not offering a solution. The last one asked for dxdiag (for a can't find the drive issue?!?!) on a Friday afternoon, so I don't anticipate a response until Monday afternoon, and probably asking for something else rather than offering anything resembling a solution.

bagomojo
Honored Guest
Well at least you're getting a response.  🙂  Nothing on my post.  Still using my DK2 because, well you know.  But really getting pretty disillusioned when a company can't even get their setup to determine the drive.