cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HDMI connection - Haven't successfully seen it work yet

nvts8a
Sightseer
Seems like I'm currently unique with my problem I've encountered so I'm starting a new discussion:

Specs:
i7-4930K
980Ti (Version 364.72)
Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0
Consumer Rift (not DK#, Firmware 707)
Occulus App (Version 1.3.1)

I plug in my sensor and headset USB successfully (Connected) but continue to get "No HDMI connection". There are many people who seem to have a similar problem but often account that it was at one point it was working, then it stopped, but I have yet to be able use mine at all. All I get is the "No HDMI connection" error.

I have my Monitor, a UltraWide LG, plugged up DVI, tried both furthest and closest port, only one HDMI on my card I'm attempting to plug the Rift into. Using recommended Inateck USB card with both devices plugged into it, don't seem to have a problem there.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

92 REPLIES 92

nvts8a
Sightseer

nvts8a said:

beastygt said:

Have you tried looking at the device manager and viewing hidden devices? I haven't got my rift yet but I just discovered I have a hidden gtx 780 driver package that may need to be uninstalled...could be worth a look there.

I'm gonna try that. I just came from a 2x 690 SLI setup that might have something funky leftover. Thanks.

No go on this, at least for me. Didn't see anything interesting in the Hidden Devices.

But to just to try it out, I also used http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html, uninstalled the current driver, then preformed a new clean install with 364.72. No go either.

karloy
Explorer
All exactly the same for me, same CPU with the only difference that I have 980 TI SLI - tried all the same steps. 

nvts8a
Sightseer

karloy said:

All exactly the same for me, same CPU with the only difference that I have 980 TI SLI - tried all the same steps. 

I'm just curious, what brand and model are you running? I've got a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB - G1 Gaming OC Edition.

Long shot, wonder if it has something to do with a certain make/model.

karloy
Explorer
I have 2x EVGA 980 TI OC. I've seen one report with the 980 as well - https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/34381/no-hdmi-connection-error-message-on-cv1

Anonymous
Not applicable
what connection does the rift take? Is it mini hdmi or is it a custom one?  Also, have you tried using an adapter for the hdmi? I read somewhere someone tried using a HDMI to dvi and it started working...not sure why that would make a difference but worth a try.

karloy
Explorer
Yes, I tried the DVI to HDMI adapter that comes with the DK2. People reported it's solving some of the connection issues, but not for me. The Rift has a custom cable, combining USB and HDMI. 

karloy
Explorer
I am really thinking this is not a consumer product. If it completely breaks likes this, it shouldn't take days for some to respond via Zendesk, but you should be able to call and get a replacement. 

LtRipley36706
Honored Guest
TL;DR: Try installing (without uninstalling) this Nvidia driver package (http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/100862) on top of your existing 364.72 install. I had Oculus Home open at the time of the install and on the Devices settings page just watching the No HDMI connection change. After the install completes, for me the monitors all blink out and then return and that's when the Rift starts working again.

I have been having a similar issue with the no HDMI connection error. Interestingly I also have a Ultrawide monitor (Two Dell u3415w)

It just started on Friday after rebooting the PC. I ran through quite a battery of ideas in order to try to resolve it. Nothing worked, and also nothing seemed to have changed. 

I won't bore you all with the details, but in the process one of the things I tried was uninstalling the Nvidia drivers. After the reboot, the previous drivers installed themselves and the Rift returned to life. Further reboots would kill the Rift again, but each time I kept uninstalling the drivers and a older version would reinstall following a reboot and the Rift would connect again.

Ultimately, I restored a Veeam backup from Thursday AM, and this time just reinstalled on top the current Nvidia drivers. The rift worked! It's still working now and as of writing, I haven't rebooted yet because I plan to do some DEMOing this weekend so I don't need the hassle. This method worked multiple times. Please try it if you are seeing the No HDMI connection error! I hope it works for others and it in turn can help Oculus fix what appears to me to be some kinda software and/or driver glitch.

nvts8a
Sightseer

TL;DR: Try installing (without uninstalling) this Nvidia driver package (http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/100862) on top of your existing 364.72 install.

Gave it a shot, no go for me. Thanks for the idea.

I've noticed that generally many people have at one point seen their Rift work to some extent, like you before rebooting. Meaning that the problem probably exists some where in software. I currently have not been able to get it to work at all, just "No HDMI Connected" at all times, unusual as far as I've seen.

Might just be a hardware anomaly? Just wished they'd bump the ticket with new details. They asked for a Serial Number last, say their gonna send out a new part with a return label but haven't heard back yet.

LtRipley36706
Honored Guest

nvts8a said:

TL;DR: Try installing (without uninstalling) this Nvidia driver package (http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/100862) on top of your existing 364.72 install.

Gave it a shot, no go for me. Thanks for the idea.

I've noticed that generally many people have at one point seen their Rift work to some extent, like you before rebooting. Meaning that the problem probably exists some where in software. I currently have not been able to get it to work at all, just "No HDMI Connected" at all times, unusual as far as I've seen.

Might just be a hardware anomaly? Just wished they'd bump the ticket with new details. They asked for a Serial Number last, say their gonna send out a new part with a return label but haven't heard back yet.

Shoot.. I was hopeful for you! Perhaps it is truly a cable issue on yours, since you've never seen it work.