cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enter Oculus Home after Set Your View in VR while use DK2

jennal
Explorer
Summary of Issue
When I open Oculus, always show a message window: Oculus Hardware Error, Oculus has detected a hardware issue that is preventing you from setting up your Rift. Please check that your headset and sensor are connected.

And it shows Set Your View in VR after I click OK on the message window. And Continue in Your Headset shows at the right bottom corner.

But when I connect my DK2, orange light, can't have any view in the headset. And I don't have a remote or Xbox One Joystick, even I can see in headset, I can't continue. Actually It works at the first time, and I can see the message inside the headset. but when I think if I close the program I can pass this thing. It doesn't work when I restart the program.

Steps to Reproduce
I have my DK2 for testing. When I want to setup something, I click the wrong menu, sorry I can't remember which menu I clicked, it is in the right top, dropdown menu, maybe Set Your View In VR.

No matter I uninstall and install again or repair by the OculusSetup or restart the program or restart my computer. Always the same issue prevent me from enter the Oculus Home.

Expected Behavior
I want to skip this setup and enter Oculus Home.

9 REPLIES 9

jennal
Explorer
and this is the log files gathered by OculusLogGatherer.

jennal
Explorer
Awss4d0m4wnjt.pngAnd this is where I have been blocked.

jennal
Explorer
Any one help? Please tell me how to get through this.

jennal
Explorer
I finnally got the solution, hope to help someone like me.
Here is the solution, just delete the following folder and restart oculus & oculus service.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Oculus\sessions

rolfwesemann
Honored Guest
I have no folder like this one

pvictor0313
Honored Guest
I had the same problem. Make sure your sensor is hooked up to a USB 3.0 port because that fixed it for me.

observer
Explorer

jennal said:

I finnally got the solution, hope to help someone like me.
Here is the solution, just delete the following folder and restart oculus & oculus service.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Oculus\sessions

This worked for me.  Make sure to stop the Oculus VR Runtime Service first.  If you're on windows, go to Start menu, then type "services.msc" (without quotes) in the search button, open it, then scroll down to look for it.  Right click it and click Stop, then delete sessions folder, then start the Oculus VR Runtime Service again.

rbrondi
Honored Guest
Thanks a lot, it worked also for me. By the way is there any setting available in order to use keyboard and/or mouse as input devices instead of the xbox gamepad?

Phoenix10192005
Honored Guest
Where can I find the file? I went to oculus support and they said to do the same thing but I cannot find he file. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?