cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that all the PC bundles are sold out...

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
First, congratulations to all the folks that jumped the queue by ordering a PC bundle + Rift last week, returning the PC, and now they all got a Rift in less than a week from the order. Good job.

Now, as I'm writing this, all Amazon and BestBuy PC bundles are sold out, and the status is "Coming Soon"

What do you think it will happen? Will Oculus from now on prioritize the dalayed pre-orders, or will Amazon and BestBuy have new Rift available BEFORE Oculus fulfills all the January pre-orders, jumping ahead of the awaiting customers?

Since Oculus apparently hates everyone that, like a faithful dog, was there in January, frantically pressing F5 trying to get a Rift ASAP, it wouldn't surprise me at his point if they will just screw us over again, by letting the big fishes like Amazon and BestBuy having their new stock before us.

What do you think?

19 REPLIES 19

IrishGael
Explorer
If I get pushed back from August, then yeah, i'm cancelling and getting a vive. But I'm already starting to believe that they somehow factored that in to the estimation dates. hmmmmm.

paymok
Protege
Definitely they will manufacture more for Amazon and Best Buy FIRST. They order maybe 200K unit from oculus and probably oculus still cannot fulfill this number.

Amazon and bestbuy didn't jumped the queue, they just have the contract with oculus way earlier than all of the individual orders

Btw is cyber reality still the community Manager in here ? I'm surprised seems he's keep his mouth shut quite some time since this initial launch mess.
Order Date : Jun 21, 2014 PDT PENDING Processing Date : Sep 24, 2014 PDT PROCESSING SHIPPED Date : Sep 26, 2014 GMT+8 SHIPPED ARRIVED Date: Sep 26, 2014 GMT+8 ARRIVED Order From : Hong Kong

Chassit
Heroic Explorer
Let me just tell you this. A friend of mine placed an order and cancelled the PC in the bundle deal on Best Buy yesterday just before they ran out of stock (or stopped the bug).

And today he got an email notification saying that his Rift has shipped.

iwcpx52k4xpy.png

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

paymok said:

Btw is cyber reality still the community Manager in here ? I'm surprised seems he's keep his mouth shut quite some time since this initial launch mess.

Not just him, Oculus staff is pretty much silent everywhere.
I bet there was a meeting at Oculus where the managers ordered anyone to shut up about this whole launch disaster, or they will be fired.
Only Palmer writes on Reddit, and when he does he's all sarcastic about it, writing things like "oh yeah, now I'm gonna call our partners and tell them that our customers are more important then theirs...".

AnotherAtreyu
Protege
Hey guys, be careful. Nobody has breached it yet, but just a reminder that Oculus new ToS gives them the right to pull the plug or interrupt the service (that includes hardware) of anybody breaching their community guidelines. 
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that counts for what is said on these forums as well.
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Honestly I think they are going to push out rifts way faster. I have a feeling the pre-orders that currently exist will be fulfilled far sooner than people are expecting.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

Hey guys, be careful. Nobody has breached it yet, but just a reminder that Oculus new ToS gives them the right to pull the plug or interrupt the service (that includes hardware) of anybody breaching their community guidelines. 
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that counts for what is said on these forums as well.

I'm just stating the facts and people are free to speak their minds. Or is this North Korea?
Besides, nobody insulted anyone or used inappropriate language, so I don't see the problem.

Hanover
Rising Star
The ones that went to retail were a from a different allocation.  The rifts that went retail are completely separate than the ones going to the people who pre-ordered them.  They aren't mixing them.  They aren't pulling from one pile and adding them to another.  For all intents and purposes, each pile of Rifts have no bearing on each other.  When one runs out, or whatever, they aren't going to use the other pile to fix it.  They call it a shortage for THAT allocation.

I know this seems horrible for so many people who are waiting, but that's just the way these things work.  You allocate x number of stock for each place they're going.  Manufacturing for each allocation is a completely separate thing.  They don't mix or take from one allocation to add to another allocation unless its from some sort of reserve allocation (like an RMA allocation, or a developers allocation, etc.)

Also you guys have some really wild speculations. "I bet there was a meeting at Oculus where the managers ordered anyone to shut up about this whole launch disaster, or they will be fired."

Really?   I swear, everyone is flying off the deep end about this launch.  All I've seen is them actually fulfilling their commitments to meet everyone's launch windows...even surpassing them in some instances.

AnotherAtreyu
Protege

I'm just stating the facts and people are free to speak their minds. Or is this North Korea?
Besides, nobody insulted anyone or used inappropriate language, so I don't see the problem.

Not saying there is any. Just a friendly reminder in the event that the discussion were to escalate. 

Also, about NK... 

WIth the restrictions in the ToS you would almost think so ><

(JK Oculus, please don't ban me. ;))   

Edit: I'm not being too serious guys, chill. 😄
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan