cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation IS? working on runtime 1.32

LjudasPriest
Protege
And another edit / update:-
Got it working again, reason for problem was fresh install of Oculus Home / runtime changed directory from Program Files (x64) to Program Files
Please check your active installation by CTRL-ALT-DELETE, running Task Manager and looking at properties for OVRserver and looking at the file location

Please confirm if it works and provide details (operating system, 32 / 64 bit etc.)

Update! - since doing a fresh install of runtime 1.32 this is now not working - trying to figure out what happened

I've got Alien Isolation working on runtime 1.32 using info from here:- http://freeworldweb.wix.com/oculus132
Use the batch files to stop the runtime / extend the display and fire up AI

This is working on DK2, can anyone confirm it works on CV1?

If you never ran Alien Isolation on the rift before you need to edit one of the setting in the game folder
instructions here:- http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/enable-oculus-rift-mode-alien-isolation/
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news! Hope it does work on CV1... and on Vive too, of course 🙂

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Awesome news 🙂
How does it look and perform compared to older SDK's?

Fantastic find btw. Thnx for the link 😉

TheMaster0071
Protege
OMG so stoked about this!

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Couldn't get my CV1 into extended mode. 
No errors while executing the command but just nothing happens.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\DirectDisplayConfig.exe" off
NVAPI library found.
DirectDisplay compatible NVidia runtime and/or GPU detected.
Operation successful!
AMD LiquidVR runtme not found, skipping...
Success!

While in extended Home isn't showing anymore so it's doing something... but what ^^

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here with my CV1

mambo1888
Rising Star
Can you help me, ive created the .bat files from the link and also changed the settings in Alien Data folder.

I edited the .bat files to use the corresponding folder where Oculus is installed in my case G:\Oculus....

I set the DirectDisplayConfig file within oculus to run as administrator

When im in "set up Multiple Displays" section of Nvidia control panel I select oculus rift dk2 the blue light comes on but the screen still black/blank, there is no option to extend the display and Nvidia Control Panel is very slow and often goes into not responding (In the Win10 display settings the oculus doesnt show up at all)

Is there something im missing

Tel1888
Explorer
ok this is where im at , created all .bats , stopped the runtime , put it into extended mode and the loaded aliens , on my monitor i get the split screen and aliens loads no probs , blue light on sensor but amber still on rift (dk2)so no output to rift (dk2) , i press continue and load game and my rift moves the game on the monitor lol but nothing on the rift , i also have changed the text file as well in the data folder in aliens. im on windows 10 and still on 1.3 so i dont know if updating to 1.32 would change anything as i was going to wait till i receive my cv1 then change drives.

I'm kinda stuck now as i think ive covered everything just cant get it to display on my rift.

LjudasPriest
Protege
Edit / Update - reason was oculus runtime / home installed in a different directory by default this time
C:\program files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\ instead of C:\program files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\

Did a fresh install of Oculus home / 1.32 and now its not working
Maybe some old file in the system was enabling this.
More investigation needed
Will edit first post accordingly...

Tel1888
Explorer
so did you initially do it with 1.31 LjudasPriest