cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 is incredible!! Totally worth it. WOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
So this is the first time I've tried virtual reality and I'm completely blown away by it! It's the most incredible experience to feel like you're inside the virtual world. To look over the edge of of a tall building and not just see, but also feel that you're that high up. The dinosaur in dream deck! wow! lol. I instinctively moved my body back from it... haha. :')  sooo happy!

I never even noticed the FOV! All this talk about the FOV got me thinking it was less than I hoped for. But no way, this is so cool and will be a non-issue. I had noticed a small SDE at times, but it totally melts away and is hardly perceptible once you're in the experience - another non-issue and does not at all distract from the experience. This is an incredible headset, and we're only at the first consumer version. I really can't believe it... It has totally surpassed all my expectations, and I was totally hyped for this. They've totally delivered! Even the resolution is fine! (and I use a 4K monitor) 

Please don't be worried if you're still waiting for your CV1. It's truly the best experience I've had in a while. I've never seen anything or experienced anything like it ever before. The complaints imo are overblown.

Really, I don't have words to describe how happy I am with my purchase. The wait is totally worth it!!! Please don't worry about what some of the DK2 users say. This is really amazing.  

I think people always want more so there'll be complaints from people who've used the DK2, but to be honest, I think we mostly appreciate how far things have come by looking back at what we used. It's like looking back at old games and seeing the difference - we can appreciate it more. 

So that's it for now. No time for games just yet because I have work to do, but I just want to say how happy I am with my Rift.

Thank you Palmer! Thank you Oculus! 😄 

23 REPLIES 23

Blyss4226
Rising Star
I'm glad to see you love it so much. I know the feeling. I was totally blown away too. I had tried phone based VR, but nothing prepared me for Rift. It IS that good. I think most of the people that are disappointed just had expectations of a holodeck like experience. We aren't quite there... yet. But CV1 is literally life changing tech for me as I've said before. It has it's flaws, yes, but it's still ridiculously amazing.

Enjoy your Rift!

Edit: P.S. If you haven't yet - put your face really close to Lucky in Lucky's Tale. It's so cute what he does.
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup! It's not hard to spot where improvements can be made, but it has still surpassed my expectations by a lot. And in some applications, it just gives a good idea how awesome things are going to get for VR in the future.

For example: I'm not sure I could watch a whole movie by myself in the Oculus Theatre, but it made me think it'd be so awesome to watch a movie with some friends who don't live near! And it'd be great if the headset were just a little more comfortable to wear and had a higher resolution... But still, if I could watch a movie with a friend who doesn't live near, I'd do that now if they had a headset.

I play a bit of Lucky's tale every day. I try to pace myself a bit and not complete everything at once... Since  content needs to build up. 

And yeah I know lol... he has a few different reactions xD 

I tried The Body in VR last night! Just a great example of how VR could change education and the way we learn... I loved it! 🙂 

I'm amazed every day lol

Blyss4226
Rising Star
I have The Body VR installed but I haven't scoped it yet.

Yes, watching a movie with my friends who don't live around me is something we really wanna do. I'll ping @Nobbs66 since he is one of those friends. We watch movies together anyway - by being in VOIP and pausing at 0 and then doing a countdown and all clicking play at once.

Doing it in VR would be super excellent. Especially if there was a virtual them in the theater. Godrays make it hard to watch movies like that at first, but I watched Game of Thrones in my headset last night and by the end they weren't bothering me at all(but my forehead was numb. Come on and get here VR cover!)
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Blyss4226  Yeah, i can't wait to watch some GoT Season 6 in VR with you this year.