cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation IS? working on runtime 1.32

LjudasPriest
Protege
And another edit / update:-
Got it working again, reason for problem was fresh install of Oculus Home / runtime changed directory from Program Files (x64) to Program Files
Please check your active installation by CTRL-ALT-DELETE, running Task Manager and looking at properties for OVRserver and looking at the file location

Please confirm if it works and provide details (operating system, 32 / 64 bit etc.)

Update! - since doing a fresh install of runtime 1.32 this is now not working - trying to figure out what happened

I've got Alien Isolation working on runtime 1.32 using info from here:- http://freeworldweb.wix.com/oculus132
Use the batch files to stop the runtime / extend the display and fire up AI

This is working on DK2, can anyone confirm it works on CV1?

If you never ran Alien Isolation on the rift before you need to edit one of the setting in the game folder
instructions here:- http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/enable-oculus-rift-mode-alien-isolation/
57 REPLIES 57

LjudasPriest
Protege

mambo1888 said:

Hey @LjudasPriest  can list the exact method you are using step by step. I have reinstalled Oculus 1.32 and this time I kept it in the default "C:\" location, I have updated the batch files accordingly. I feel like I am almost there, AI now loads up with the two fish eye's on the monitor but nothing on the dk2. If you could give a step by step guide to how you got it working that would be great and really appreciated.

If it runs then the service is stopped ok, sounds like you are just missing the extended mode.
The blue light should light up on top of the rift and windows become visable (cross eyed if rift is set to 1920x1080 or readable if set to 960x1080 portrait) - does that happen?

mambo1888
Rising Star
When I run the "OculusExtendedMode.bat" I hear a sound to tell me something has happened/changed but the light stays amber on the rift. If I go into windows display options it only sees my monitor, if I go into Nvidia Display Settings the rift shows up. I can select the rift and click apply  then the blue light will come on but nothing actually comes on the rift screens. 

LjudasPriest
Protege

mambo1888 said:

When I run the "OculusExtendedMode.bat" I hear a sound to tell me something has happened/changed but the light stays amber on the rift. If I go into windows display options it only sees my monitor, if I go into Nvidia Display Settings the rift shows up. I can select the rift and click apply  then the blue light will come on but nothing actually comes on the rift screens. 

Can you open a CMD.exe window and type
 "C:\program files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\DirectDisplayConfig.exe" off

What do you get?

steveoz32
Expert Protege
I was under the impression this doesn't work on CV1, and it's something I stopped playing ok DK2 over a year ago and saving for CV1! How pointless that was. I hope someone comes up with a hack to get it to work properly on CV1 (at least with the correct res).

ricozawa
Explorer
Great! I've tried Doom3 BFG and it works just by go to extended mode. also tried  vr game manager and it also works fine on my DK2

steveoz32
Expert Protege
It all works on DK2, just not CV1

ricozawa
Explorer
I didn't know that it all the old stuff that worked on DK2 in the old days, now works with Runtime 1.3.2

mambo1888
Rising Star
I tried running the CMD as you suggested and I get the following...

NVAPI library found
DirectDisplay compatible Nvidia runtime and/or GPU detected
operation successful!
AMD LiquidVR runtime not found, skipping...
success!
After doing that I can only get the blue light to come on the rift by going into the nvidia control panel and selecting the rift from the "Set up multiple monitors" tab, but nothing shows up then it switches off again.

LjudasPriest
Protege

mambo1888 said:

I tried running the CMD as you suggested and I get the following...

NVAPI library found
DirectDisplay compatible Nvidia runtime and/or GPU detected
operation successful!
AMD LiquidVR runtime not found, skipping...
success!
After doing that I can only get the blue light to come on the rift by going into the nvidia control panel and selecting the rift from the "Set up multiple monitors" tab, but nothing shows up then it switches off again.

Could be a Win10 thing

LjudasPriest
Protege

ricozawa said:

Great! I've tried Doom3 BFG and it works just by go to extended mode. also tried  vr game manager and it also works fine on my DK2

What operating system / video card?