New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Processing for Shipping?

TheMaster0071TheMaster0071 Posts: 114
Art3mis
How long does the order status stay like this? This happened last night but nothing since, I checked with my CC and my card has been charged, so not sure how long it will take to arrive, can someone give some guidance please its killing me!

Comments

• DeadaceDeadace Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2016
    I wonder the same? I got the mail last night aswell, but they haven't taken the money yet!
  • steveoz32steveoz32 Posts: 350
    Art3mis
    Just be patient, you've got the mail it will be en route within a few days. No one can give you a magical delivery / dispatch time.
  • RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    It varies quite a lot according to some reports. (I don't have my Rift yet)
    You're in the UK, right? I think it will take "up to" 5 working days for your card to be charged, less if you used PayPal.

I suggest you sign up to UPS My Choice, there are lots of reports that the email notification from UPS arrives before any Oculus communication.
  • TheMaster0071TheMaster0071 Posts: 114
    Art3mis

Yeah I am on UPS already thanks, was hoping to get it for the bank holiday weekend.

3Jane
    edited April 2016
    Cool, ok. Well, they're coming from the Netherlands I think, and it's a national holiday there today...don't give up, I guess?

EDIT: your Rift could be coming from Ireland though, so there's hope! :)
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player

Yeah I am on UPS already thanks, was hoping to get it for the bank holiday weekend.

I'm hoping the same! I think we will know by tomorrow if people start getting tracking numbers :smile: 
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    I went from processing to shipped in one day, and the Rift took two days to show up.  (over a weekend).  Canadian order - so YMMV. 
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
    Art3mis
    Cool, ok. Well, they're coming from the Netherlands I think, and it's a national holiday there today...don't give up, I guess?

EDIT: your Rift could be coming from Ireland though, so there's hope! :)

Yeah it said Oculus Ireland in the Email
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,086 Valuable Player
    It varies quite a lot according to some reports. (I don't have my Rift yet)
    You're in the UK, right? I think it will take "up to" 5 working days for your card to be charged, less if you used PayPal.

I suggest you sign up to UPS My Choice, there are lots of reports that the email notification from UPS arrives before any Oculus communication.
    hi
    i am signed up to this already, however how do i track a parcel using it if i do not know the tracking number... and if i know the tracking number then presumably it means i have already gotten my email from oculus...

or do oculus supply my email to ups, and if it tallies with a upschoice account they just email that account too?

thanks
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    Not having experienced it yet, I can't be 100% sure (I don't have my Rift yet!). But going from the reports I've read the Oculus email notification to the customer is separate from the UPS system. UPS get their info from a database, which gets populated by shipping "actions", and in quite a few cases Oculus has sent the notification after the (I guess) automated UPS My Choice system.
    I'm sure some of the guys here who DO have their rift (and are in a region where UPS is the carrier) will have better info?
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited April 2016
    Guys, how do you check in UPS my choice? Im trying but Im a complet noob :persevere: 
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    Art3mis
    Guys from what I read, UPS will mail you to let you know a parcel is on the way then you can log in a see the tracking number and change delivery etc
    3Jane
    edited April 2016
    EliteSPA said:
    Guys, how do you check in UPS my choice? Im trying but Im a complet noob :persevere: 
    Create an account at https://www.ups.com Then look for the UPS My Choice® logo and register for that service.

EDIT: there's a >>Sign Up Now link on the left
    Project 2501
    EliteSPA said:
    Create an account at https://www.ups.com Then look for the UPS My Choice® logo and register for that service.
    I did that already but then in my choice where do I need to look to?
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    @EliteSPA 
    Assuming you've registered for UPS My choice, they will send you a letter to your address with a code that you need to enter in on the site. Under "tracking" click access UPS my choice and sign up. 
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
    Project 2501
    edited April 2016
    whoa182 said:
    @EliteSPA 
    Assuming you've registered for UPS My choice, they will send you a letter to your address with a code that you need to enter in on the site. Under "tracking" click access UPS my choice and sign up. 
    Thank you!

Edit: Nothing there...I tried :smile: 
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 381
    Trinity
    The Oculus email will have Oculus Ireland on it, but shipment may still come from The Netherlands. Also make sure that it has been charged and isn't just a payment hold on the account. :) Oculus finalizes payment when they ship it.
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • ChrisharvzChrisharvz Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2016
    My account has been charged, however my order status still shows "Processed for shipping".. However I was reading somewhere on the forums that people seemed to receive their Oculus before their status got updated to "Shipping"... I am in the UK, and was charged yesterday (26th April) at 6.30PM... With any luck, I'm hoping to have mine by tomorrow/ Friday :smiley: 
  • r00xr00x Posts: 389
    Nexus 6
    My account was charged yesterday, (got the email receipt from Paypal and everything, to Oculus VR Ireland) but my order still says "processing for shipping" and no UPS notification today. 

Are we sure they actually ship at point of sale (as in, since I've been charged the full amount, it should have shipped) or can they sit on it for a couple of days?
  • ZuhZuh Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    Same here but my status still says "Pre-Order" whitch worries me a little. Most important that I have been charged :) 
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    Mine is showing processing for shipping.

Got an email at 00:40 today about the order update and at the same time got a paypal email with my receipt for my payment to Oculus.

Double checked at the paypal transaction is going through on my card.

Been disappointed every time my phone has give me an email alert today, each time hoping for a shipping confirmation. :D
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    I've seen people say it takes any where from 6 hours to 5 days. Good luck!
    Hi
    What postage do ups supply? I paid for my rift @5pm UK time today (weds) just wondering if I may get it for the weekend.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Art3mis
    Next day I believe
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes. Please give it at least a few business days to process. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Thanks for the reply. Dont worry no toys going out of the pram if it does not make it for the weekend  I am just wondering if there is even a fighting chance of it.
    Art3mis
    Thanks for the reply. Dont worry no toys going out of the pram if it does not make it for the weekend  I am just wondering if there is even a fighting chance of it.

I think I read if it ships from Holland its 2 days, so weekend looks like a no go :( but it will hopefully be early next week
    Art3mis
    OMG Its shipped! Thanks Oculus, so actually my original date was April, then pushed back to 16th -26th May, now it looks like they will still hit the original April date - Just!

Got the email that its shipped, and another with the EVE code, also in the Oculus web portal it gives me UPS tracking number now, although this is not yet recognised in the UPS portal, guess it will update later today, but cannot tell if it shipping from Holland or Ireland so there may be a slim chance of it getting here tomorrow, fingers crossed!!
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    In general it looks like Oculus is slightly ahead of their revised April 12th predicted shipping estimates.  I think they built in some slush, on the chance that yet another unforeseen bugbear popped up to delay things.  My estimated ship date was 25 April - 5 May and my unit arrived April 26th.  Hopefully the trend continues and people get a nice surprise for once.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    Estimated May 23rd - June 2nd here in the US.... Everyone getting theirs ahead of schedule is great to hear, hope things only speed up from here on.