cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let us disable or dismiss "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications"

shockslayer84
Explorer
zwbpp2lccz79.jpg
Yes I get it, my i7 3770 is like 1 percent worse than the recommended i5 but that doesn't mean it's not VR ready.  It's not like i'm running an Intel Pentium 4.

Please, this message is very annoying and ruins the complete look and feel of Oculus Home for me and others.

Even people on Reddit are starting to complain about it and it will only get worse once more people receive their Rifts and start to download the software https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4d6gt1/stop_telling_me_im_unworthy/

I understand that you guys want people to be aware of how their VR experience could be poor if they aren't using at least the minimum recommended specs and that's why i'm not advocating to remove the message entirely, but to at least let the user dismiss or hide it once they've acknowledged it.

I know it's not one of those ground breaking bugs high on your radar but it would be nice to know at least that it's on the "to do" list of thing to address.

Thanks!
65 REPLIES 65

i dont think you're allowed to attach a bat but here's a txt, just change the txt to reg

edit, I'll do a bat text file too

Mace404
Heroic Explorer

EliteSPA said:

Should be nice if someone could make a bat file for that.

I did.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/364922/#Comment_364922

Here's a bat file that does the same as the reg file, again just change txt to bat

@Mace404, great minds think alike... our bats aren't exaclty the same thank goodness or people would accuse me of stealing!

blindrezo
Protege
I tried the registry edit.  It worked once, then never worked again.  And yes, I was running it every time before starting up Oculus Home.

As a matter of fact, I downloaded the compatibility checker and it even gave me the all green, but Oculus Home wasn't having it!  😞

EliteSPA
Superstar

blindrezo said:

I tried the registry edit.  It worked once, then never worked again.  And yes, I was running it every time before starting up Oculus Home.  Other apps saw the change, but Oculus Home continued to complain. 😞

Thanks for sharing. I will try when Im back home.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Micu
Explorer
Yes I agree that disabling this message will be great! I7 3930 oc @4.8GHz

water_
Adventurer
I would think the message has to be there to protect oculus from the lawsuit by the first soccer-mom who's 12 year old vomits from using the rift on a toaster.

It's there to protect the children yall.

blindrezo
Protege
@water_ - That's all fine and dandy, but Oculus should allow us the option to disable it.  They can even popup a message stating that by clicking on this, we agree to not blame Oculus for any problems that may occur, yada yada yada...  Something along those lines.  That's just my opinion.

LZoltowski
Champion
@water_  yes ... somebody think of the children!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂