cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HDMI connection - Haven't successfully seen it work yet

nvts8a
Sightseer
Seems like I'm currently unique with my problem I've encountered so I'm starting a new discussion:

Specs:
i7-4930K
980Ti (Version 364.72)
Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0
Consumer Rift (not DK#, Firmware 707)
Occulus App (Version 1.3.1)

I plug in my sensor and headset USB successfully (Connected) but continue to get "No HDMI connection". There are many people who seem to have a similar problem but often account that it was at one point it was working, then it stopped, but I have yet to be able use mine at all. All I get is the "No HDMI connection" error.

I have my Monitor, a UltraWide LG, plugged up DVI, tried both furthest and closest port, only one HDMI on my card I'm attempting to plug the Rift into. Using recommended Inateck USB card with both devices plugged into it, don't seem to have a problem there.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

92 REPLIES 92

karloy
Explorer
Also you can't see anywhere else if the Rift is connected to HDMI. In the old DK2 software, it at least showed up as display.

yayayken
Explorer
I have the same problem, my rift bundle just came (alienware R3). Is there  a solution now? or is there  a workaround for it to work. PLease let me know.

Thanks,

nvts8a
Sightseer
Hey all, they sent out a new headset cable, and everything works fine now.

I hadn't noticed before but after comparing the two cables, my original one seems to be missing some metal teeth? The new one has all of it's teeth in all available slots.

Double check for that and if it looks weird open a ticket.

yayayken
Explorer
Thanks for the info.

nvts8a
Sightseer

yayayken said:

nvts8a said:

Hey all, they sent out a new headset cable, and everything works fine now.

I hadn't noticed before but after comparing the two cables, my original one seems to be missing some metal teeth? The new one has all of it's teeth in all available slots.

Double check for that and if it looks weird open a ticket.

Did you request a new cable? who did you contact? How long did it take from the request to you receiving the new cable?.

You can submit a help ticket here: https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and looking back at this thread, it took about 9 days from opening the ticket and receiving support to the cable being on my porch. After they confirmed by details, Serial Number and Address, they seemed to overnight it or two day it which was nice.

karloy
Explorer
This is my cable, how does this compares to your broken / new one? Oculus support looked at it, and said it looks fine...6x03cl4hjna9.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, looks like some cables may have qc issues.glad you got yours sorted

hapklaar
Explorer
Argh. Just got my CV1 and also same issue > No HDMI Connection whereas the DK2 works fine ont that same port...

EDIT: just checked the HDMI side of the cable and it looks like not all the pins are straight. Guessing this is the cause.

nvts8a
Sightseer

hapklaar said:
EDIT: just checked the HDMI side of the cable and it looks like not all the pins are straight. Guessing this is the cause.

karloy said:

This is my cable, how does this compares to your broken / new one? Oculus support looked at it, and said it looks fine...

Yeah karloy, my old one looked a lot like that, where you can't really see the longer half's pins? Looked like they were missing.

But my new working one looks like this, very easy to see, straight, pins:
3zn80263cq3p.png

EDIT: New photo instead of the giant potato quality one

karloy
Explorer
Thanks nvts8a, let me take this back to Oculus support, I see the long side pins are shifted back. Unfortunately they went silent on me, which is frustrating,