cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting impatient.

xmarlboromanx
Explorer
I put in a pre-order on march 1, 2016. Now don't blast me because I know there is a shortage of parts for the CV1. But I've been waiting patiently for the consumer version since DK1. Now you can call me a spoiled brat or whatever you feel like, but I feel there is really no communication between the consumers and the Oculus team. I specifically built a PC just for the Oculus Rift period, close to $1,900 on all brand new parts to run the rift without a hiccup. I really want Oculus and just VR to survive in general, but if the way things keep going people are going to get turned off of VR and that really concerns me. That is neither here nor there. My problem I'm having is it is taking almost half a YEAR to maybe get our shipments out if we didn't pre-order the minute it launched..Now I've worked in manufacturing and I understand thing happens and products get delayed but never seen anything delayed but almost a half a year to ship. I mean at least if we had an actual date on when it will ship I would be a little more at ease, but all we get is (TBA when your order ships)   7-25-2016 - 8-4-2016. Mine you pre-orders were started in January. Now having got that off my chest I'm really getting worried and wondering if I should just go ahead and pre-order an HTC vive, because it feels like Oculus is going to be delayed until next year sometime soon. I feel I've been patient enough I just had to say something. Would like to hear some thoughts on this from people who Haven't received your pre-order yet.                                                                         

38 REPLIES 38

OculusDuck
Protege
If you're from AU, you might run into another problem.
I think an AU gentleman earlier was talking about how custom did not
let his headset go through due to some equipment/electronic safety
thing in AU.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I was a day1 pre-order - 6mins in - 26x and I been told I have to wait another 2 weeks on the high side. Yet, other people here in the US at 6:30mins have gotten theirs already. So huh, all I can say is give it more time.

Felixm477
Expert Protege
Not sure if anyone remembers but then the Xbox 360 and ps3 first came out it took month for people to be able to get one. So people should be used to high demand and new products.

flyingsaucers
Expert Protege

Felixm477 said:

Not sure if anyone remembers but then the Xbox 360 and ps3 first came out it took month for people to be able to get one. So people should be used to high demand and new products.

I had a PS3 on day one because I pre-ordered.

greeneblitz
Expert Protege
I know its tough to wait but VR has been out all of 1 month and 2 days, everyone get a grip, you'll get your VR soon. WE are the ones that are "ruining" it by losing perspective.

Lemming1970
Rising Star
You feel you have been patient enough. WTF..
You have a good wait yet, As you say yours is estimated for 7-25-2016 - 8-4-2016. By then any of the current issue should well be resolved. 
You have 2-3 months to wait till your order is actually due. I think maybe early adoption isn't for you my friend.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

VizionVR
Rising Star
A wise man once said that It's easy to exercise (and preach) patience after we have what we want.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Azuria
Explorer
patience is a virtue my friend, you gotta stick it out.

I'm a AU order, and well i'm about a few days away from mine.  Tracked it into Aus, i know that doesn't help your situation but sit tight. And try and not think about it.

everyone is in the same boat and no ones order is special...except for that Alaskan dude who got his hand delivered.

helifrek
Explorer
I've been contemplating freezing myself until my rift arrives. I ordered Feb 12 (would have ordered sooner but was deployed overseas) and I am not that much further ahead of you in line.

I also built a $2k gaming pc, sold my Xbox one just for the rift.

It could always be worse, you could have been born in a 3rd world country living in a mud hut with no clean water. So, as my wife always tells me "calm your tits!"
i5-6600k, 980 ti, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, 16Gb RAM. Whoohoooo!!!!! finally all built and running! CV1 pre-ordered (July)