cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting impatient.

xmarlboromanx
Explorer
I put in a pre-order on march 1, 2016. Now don't blast me because I know there is a shortage of parts for the CV1. But I've been waiting patiently for the consumer version since DK1. Now you can call me a spoiled brat or whatever you feel like, but I feel there is really no communication between the consumers and the Oculus team. I specifically built a PC just for the Oculus Rift period, close to $1,900 on all brand new parts to run the rift without a hiccup. I really want Oculus and just VR to survive in general, but if the way things keep going people are going to get turned off of VR and that really concerns me. That is neither here nor there. My problem I'm having is it is taking almost half a YEAR to maybe get our shipments out if we didn't pre-order the minute it launched..Now I've worked in manufacturing and I understand thing happens and products get delayed but never seen anything delayed but almost a half a year to ship. I mean at least if we had an actual date on when it will ship I would be a little more at ease, but all we get is (TBA when your order ships)   7-25-2016 - 8-4-2016. Mine you pre-orders were started in January. Now having got that off my chest I'm really getting worried and wondering if I should just go ahead and pre-order an HTC vive, because it feels like Oculus is going to be delayed until next year sometime soon. I feel I've been patient enough I just had to say something. Would like to hear some thoughts on this from people who Haven't received your pre-order yet.                                                                         

38 REPLIES 38

@xmarlboromanx, like @VizionVR says, you should get as much benefit from VR as anyone else. What you would benefit more from though is the ability to disable rendering for one of the screens... thereby improving overall performance for you... or reducing your PC hardware needs. If someone can hack that it would be useful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The lack of communication from Oculus was as much a reason for me cancelling Rift as the general delays. If they'd been upfront with me that there were going to be delays, they would probably still have my order now.

I pre-ordered my Vive in mid March. Got an estimated shipping date of May and it's arriving tomorrow - the first working day in May. No fuss, no delays, no excuses. I contacted them once in early April, just before I cancelled Rift, and was told it would be early May delivery. Almost certainly the first week of the month.

That is how an order should be handled.

Comunication and PR is a definite weak point with Oculus, well I've said that plenty of times... I hope they improve, it makes so much difference to people

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comunication and PR is a definite weak point with Oculus, well I've said that planty of times... I hope they improve, it make so much difference to people

Agreed. If they don't improve a heck of a lot, I won't even consider purchasing from them again.

Lemming1970
Rising Star

VizionVR said:

A wise man once said that It's easy to exercise (and preach) patience after we have what we want.

and yet I was perfectly patent prior to getting mine, and my history can prove it 😛

I actually remember you being quite rude to people, to the point I called you out on a thread.

You do?, by all means link me to where my attitude has changed. As far as I'm aware I've always said be patient it will arrive.

Although I may have got sick of the same complaints over and over again. But that has nothing to do with whether I had my Rift or not.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Oblongship
Heroic Explorer

VizionVR said:

A wise man once said that It's easy to exercise (and preach) patience after we have what we want.

and yet I was perfectly patent prior to getting mine, and my history can prove it 😛

I actually remember you being quite rude to people, to the point I called you out on a thread.

You do?, by all means link me to where my attitude has changed. As far as I'm aware I've always said be patient it will arrive.

Although I may have got sick of the same complaints over and over again. But that has nothing to do with whether I had my Rift or not.

If people are complaining, it isn't your job to police the forums or try to combat every complaint.

Whether it is respectful of not feedback is feedback and right now it is critical to Oculus' growth...

So whether it is "Hey Oculus, I appreciate everything you are doing, but my Rift delay is really frustrating" or "OMG OCULUS YOU SUCK MY RIFT STILL ISN"T HERE!!!! I HOPE YOUR NEXT SANDWICH HAS EXTRA MAYO ON IT".....They are both valid forms of feedback...it doesn't matter if you like the way either is laid out and it is certainly not your job to police it.

TLDR; Let people complain if they want to, let people praise Oculus if they want to (I have done both for sure) ....no one should police or put someone else down because "Well thats not the way I would act"

shadowrydr
Protege

Felixm477 said:

Not sure if anyone remembers but then the Xbox 360 and ps3 first came out it took month for people to be able to get one. So people should be used to high demand and new products.

Funny, I walked into a Costco here in the US the day after launch of the PS3 and bought one, so it was dumb luck I am guessing.. Right place, Right time.
Win10 64bit Intel 6 Core i7 5930 3.5GZ-Water cooled/GA-X99 UD4-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz Nvidia 1080 FE 8GB / 840 GB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-

brievolz84
Expert Protege
I honestly really don't care how I'm treated as a customer so long as I get the product I paid for.  The only thing I care about is intent; if they intend to send me my product, within a reasonable amount of time, and they keep me appraised of major changes (delays, manufacturing errors...,etc), I could care less.

IMHO, I think the people pantomiming on here about needing up to the minute updates and more communication need to chill the F out.  You will get your Rift when Oculus is able to send it.  Having a tantrum about wanting to know every minute detail or screaming about better communication will not speed up that process.  I sure Oculus will inform us all if there are any other major changes calm down and take a chill pill.

/rant

Felixm477
Expert Protege

rj16066 said:

Felixm477 said:

Not sure if anyone remembers but then the Xbox 360 and ps3 first came out it took month for people to be able to get one. So people should be used to high demand and new products.

Funny, I walked into a Costco here in the US the day after launch of the PS3 and bought one, so it was dumb luck I am guessing.. Right place, Right time.

took me months, all my local stores were sold out as they were all on ebay at the time and the only ones left were the expensive bundles

marikcraven
Expert Protege

I honestly really don't care how I'm treated as a customer so long as I get the product I paid for.  The only thing I care about is intent; if they intend to send me my product, within a reasonable amount of time, and they keep me appraised of major changes (delays, manufacturing errors...,etc), I could care less.

So it's ok for them to call you names, slap you across the face and pull down your pants as long as you get the microwave that you went there for? Awesome.