cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add payment method

Lufferov
Explorer
I've added my CC details and set my country to United Kingdom (GB), but the "postal code" field can't be edited... If I try to click "Add Payment Method" I get an error "Error adding payment method. Please check your credit card info." But the info IS correct, except I can't add a post code because it won't let me.... HELP!
157 REPLIES 157

Lufferov
Explorer
This is a known issue with the Oculus store, you can only install to the primary (C:\) drive. It's something they will be fixing "soon", so probably a couple of weeks or so.

Dchapzx
Protege
Thanks Lufferov I've just had to delete 52 games from my steam library I will have to re download them to my other drive when oculus fix that problem I didn't know about so thanks

CptAhnungslos
Explorer
For me it´s still not possible to add my credit card as payment methode.
It keeps saying somethin like "...error, check your credit card informations".
I checked them and everything is fine, just the oculus store does not accept my credit card.
Windows10 64bit, Asus Sabertooth Z77, Bequiet Dark Power Pro10 850W, i7 3770k (4,5@1,35V), Noctua NH-D15, Zotac GTX 980ti AMP Extreme Patriot Viper 2x8GB, 2TB HDD, 240GB SSD Asus ROG Swift PG278Q, OVR DK2 Fanatec Elite Pedals, CSW V2 Formula

alexj42
Explorer

So the postal code is only use for US and Canada. Other countries have the field disabled, which is intentional. I don't believe that is the problem, but I'll have engineering take a closer look.

I just want to note, I am not in US or Canada, and when I enter my payment information on Gear VR client, the postal code field is enabled. If I leave it empty, it says that there is an error in the data, but if I fill it in it says error, please try again later

abrar_rd
Explorer
Me neither can't add my payment method ever since i bought gear vr i tried 3 different cards but always the same error "something went wrong try again later" tried different networks different mobiles but no luck contacted oculus support but looks like they are not helpful anymore  😕

efortes
Explorer
This is so shitty. I can't buy anything either. The credit card won't work. Tried atleast 10 times

cl0sed
Honored Guest
Tried three different cards on different networks, even tunneling to other countries - does not work. What a shitty software..

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact Oculus Support if you have payment problems. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Kowski
Explorer
Yeah, don't even bother to contact the support since they won't give you a reply or any kind of information. I sent a request concerning the not-working payment method and initially actually received a reply from them asking for my phone specifications, etc. I gave all information they needed and since then there has been no reply. They even closed the ticket as solved without informing me why but the problem is definetely not solved. That's simply bold. So, that's what you receive if you contact the support. Nothing.
The Oculus is really just a paperweight for me so far. I can't even describe my disappointment and I'm very surprised about the bad handling of the customers. I guess Oculus doesn't want the VR technologie to be a sucess since there seem to be quite a lot of people having this exact problem. 
If it is not possible to solve this issue fast (what is understandable) it would be a good service to keep the customers or community up to date since this is a serious problem and known for several months now. But there has been no statement from Oculus on this matter. The only answer you get is to contact the incapable support.
For me I simply resigned trying to contact the support and either send this chunk of garbage back or sell it on ebay. I guess I have to wait for a competent enough company being able to handle something what could be a big seller. Looking at you Sony.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Kowski The support team is still investigating some payment issues that may be affecting you and they will reply once they know more about the situation. Sorry for the delay.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV