cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to say thanks for the non-bitchy members of our community for keeping cool.

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
I'm seeing a lot of complaints about Rift delays, going to Vive, whining and complaining about anything and everything and I just wanted to say thanks to those that have been around since the beginning and are staying strong against the backdrop of this forums temporary downfall. All people ever do is complain these days and yes, while it's a bad situation it's not the end of the world and there's no need to be so overly dramatic. So I'm glad that the good users that don't make a big deal and stay civilized still stay around and keep this place worthwhile amidst all the overly dramatic chaos.
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?
32 REPLIES 32

greeneblitz
Expert Protege
One thing I've learned is that a large number of VR enthusiasts are made up of hyper, over sensitive drama queens, don't know why, but it just is.

LZoltowski
Champion
Mine is coming in August .... but instead of whining I pour my energy into pretty pictures (and sketching ideas out for a VR game/experience Id like to build) ... so there ... 

I am hosting a contest on here at some point this month with a £100 prize, but Im afraid it is just going to get buried by disgruntled posts and angry people .... sigh

cgqg1zcanv29.jpg2fz02bxmwxcd.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RobHermans
Superstar
Indeed, it's a shame that all the positive stuff is drowning under a sea of negativity.

Here's my entry to @LZoltowski 's competition...so far I'm the only one! Might be the easiest ton I've ever made 😛

LZoltowski
Champion
@RobHermans  not in cash 🙂 .... too much legal leg work .. but in hardware
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RobHermans
Superstar
I knew that...still be the easiest ton...until @Rayvolution gets off his bum! 😄 

EDIT: but I'm not doing it for the prize, you know that, right? As I said, I'm a rank amateur compared to some of the real artists around here, yourself included. I do it to support you and your good ideas.

LZoltowski
Champion
I do really like your entry tho ... clever fusion of OR and an upcoming product that just SCREAMS VR support.

Be kind to one another 🙂

RobHermans
Superstar
Even the space theme was for you, darling! :pensive: 
(and of course it's "The Great Rift", duh!)

dead4sure
Adventurer

One thing I've learned is that a large number of VR enthusiasts are made up of hyper, over sensitive drama queens, don't know why, but it just is.

I'm only guessing here, but I would say there's a good chance that a high number of VR enthusiasts are people that have some kind of psychological characteristic that makes real life less than fun. While in AltspaceVR last night, a group of us got talking. Out of 8/9-ish people it turned out that we all worked in IT in some form and we all had social interaction issues (to put it simply). A total coincidence perhaps, but I think we were all drawn to VR because it offers a more immersive type of escapism where we can experience things with others without fear of accidentally breaking social conventions.

I think VR is potentially more than a game to many people, so it's a tough wait. I also acknowledge that a great many people are quite impatient and demanding. I think people have forgotten that others create products that they then offer to us in return for money. Nobody is obliged to make anything but people take everything for granted and have a strange mindset that says consumers are here to be served. Consumerism has become a bit strange I think. 

LZoltowski
Champion
@Dead4sure I like that angle

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zandil
Rising Star
I am cool....are you cool ?